- (In Windows) Ensure that Tomcat is started by checking to see if icon in the tray is green
- Download the latest stable release of OpenMRS
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080/manager/html and enter your Tomcat administrator credentials (username and password chosen when installing Tomcat)
- In the Tomcat Web Application Manager, enter the location of the downloaded openmrs.war fileto deploy
- The deployment could take some time while the file is copied to the folder C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps and decompressed
- Note that the OpenMRS.war file is most easily downloaded with Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer tries to open the file as a Zip file.
- At the end of this process, the web page will refresh and /openmrs should be displayed under Applications. Apache Tomcat should also start the application (Running = True; and in Commands, Stop is underlined)
Note: Another way to do this is just unzipping the .war file directly under webapps folder in Tomcat and then restarting it. You will be able to access http://localhost:8080/openmrs and the installation wizard will appear.