- First, read the GSoC Student Guide to get familiar with Google Summer of Code.
- Create an crina OpenMRS ID and a personal space on your wiki and tell us about yourself. Here's a great personal wiki page from a MediaWiki student you might want to use as a guide.
- Join our developers mailing list to keep track of what's going on in our development community.
- Join our IRC channel and introduce yourself – meet some other community members and tell us about yourself and why OpenMRS is interesting to you.
- To start, install OpenMRS (just like a user would) and learn a bit about how it works. If you have problems, write the developers mailing list and we'll help you work through them.
- Want to get more involved? Set up your development environment and fix some simple bugs listed on our Introductory Tickets list. Read Getting Started as a Developer for details on how to do this.
- Join our Developers Forum every Thursday to learn about the latest activities & work happening in our community or join an OpenMRS University call on Wednesday. You can participate by telephone, Skype, and online via Adobe Connect.
- Interact with our community. Continue to ask smart questions (what?) on our mailing list or hang out on IRC to ask and answer questions.