|When you receive physical stock item, the stock item needs to be updated in system failure to which you will have inconsistent datathe system will show a different stock balance from the actual stock balance;|
- Do an inventory receipt operation.
- Change the operation date to the date the item stock was physically received.
- Select the destination of the stock item.
- Type the item stock, input the quantity received and the expiration date.
- Create the operation.
How do you transfer an item stock to a different health facility or to a patient?
Item stock is transferred from the holding facility to either a patient or another health facility by using a Distribution operation on the create inventory operation page;
- Change the Operation Type to Distribution.
- Select the source of the item stock.
- Select the destination. The destination of the item stock refers to the where the item stock is being transferred to. This can either be to a patient or an external institution.
- Type the item stock being distributed, enter the quantity to be distributed and click on create operation.
What is the difference between a Distribution operation and a Transfer operation?
There is always a confusion between a Distribution operation and a Transfer operation. The two are totally different operations as explained below;
- A Distribution operation is only used when the movement of item stock is either form the withholding facility / stockroom to a patient or to an external institution.
- A Transfer operation is used when the movement of item stock is from one stockroom to another.
|Content by Label|