- Download the module from the repository and install it. This module depends on the idgen, addresshierarchyrwanda, and namephonetics modules, so these must be downloaded and installed prior to installing primary care. The idgen module provides an architecture for assigning ID numbers to patients during registration. The addresshierarchyrwanda module contains the entire address structure for the country of Rwanda, and provides an architecture for structured and unstructured addresses. The addresshierarchyrwanda module (since version 1.2.3) provides an htmlformentry custom tag that essentially renders its AJAX-style rwanda address fields and then records the user-selected values to the database. Finally, the namephonetics module ensures that searches by name are smart about common phonemes in the Kinyarwanda language.
- Go through global properties and save all registration properties, in particular
--the Rwanda location code is expected to be the three-digit code assigned to each health center by the Rwanda Ministry of Health. For example, the three-digit code for Rwinkwavu Health Center is 416. The primaryIdentifierType should be the identifier type that you just created for primary care registration IDs. If there is the possibility of receiving transfer patients from other health centers where they may have received a barcode, setup the global property: registration.rwandaLocationCodes. These are pipe delimited pairs of Health Centers by name, and Health Center MoH three-digit location code. For example, a valid entry would be "Rwinkwavu Health Center:416|Kirehe Health Center:477|Rusumo Health Center|412". (please verify your location codes before going live).
- Then, to prepare primary care-issued IDs, first make sure all idgen tables are empty, if migrating from a test database.
- Create a Primary Care ID Type – choose the Rwandan ID validator.
- Go into the idgen module administration pages, choose the primary care ID type you just created, and Local Identifier Generator
- Here's the base character set: 0123456789ACEFHJKMNPUWXY, First identifier base is: 00001 00000001, and the length is 10.
- Click 'view', and test by exporting a couple of identifiers.
- Check the relationship type used during registration to record a patient's mothers and father's name (global property
registration.parentChildRelationshipTypeId). If this global property is empty, check the database to determine the ID of the parent to child relationship type (or create one).
- You may need to add the core openmrs global property
- You may need to add two privileges to the default user role – Manage Identifier Sources, and Generate Batch of Identifiers.
- In the name phonetics "Generate Phonetics for All Patients" page, select Double Metaphone for Given Name, and Kinyarwanda Soundex for Family Name and save properties.
- Generate name phonetics on this same page. (NOTE: this can run for a couple of hours, if you have thousands of names in your database).
- In Rinkwavu, we have overwritten a couple of core openmrs text properties. To do this, in your OpenMRS runtime properties file, add the following line: custom.messages=<<path>>/custom_messages.properties, where you set the <<path>> to wherever you want to create a custom_messages.properties file. Then in the custom_messages file, add the following lines:
Person.name=Name (Christian name, KINYARWANDA name)