Current The current OpenMRS Android app client needs serious performance and other improvements. The goal of this project is to identify those improvements and implement them to improve the application to create a better usability to the end userthe Android client is to provide an alternative to access a hospital's OpenMRS instance by just using the provider's Android devices. See the full Android client guide for more info.
Day by day the mobile technologies are rapidly evolving and the new technologies and improvements are adding to the existing platforms, to enable the developers create better products. Android is also going forward with these new improvements and we can use them to bring the OpenMRS android client app Android client app to the next level.
considering the Hospital domain Considering the services offered by a hospital, an Android client app can help the users a lot with its mobility and ease of use to reduce the extra work that needs to be done via a big desktop computer by bringing it to the users finger tips. This will improve the productivity and also the efficiency of the OpenMRS workflow by saving a lot of valuable time and as the ultimate goal it will help save more liveshospital workflow.
Android, Java, Gradle, Basic SQLSQLite
- Provider Module: Provider Module is a large feature request by the community. More information here:
- Visual Improvements:
- Icons and other images are not scaled correctly.
- options menu can be improved
- enable autocomplete in forms
- make application layout more compatible with different screen sizes
- fonts and other minor UI issues
Forgot password option.
- app is lagging in some scenarios ex: when navigating through tabs. investigate the ways of decreasing the response time.
- add a global error handler to catch uncaught exceptions to prevent the app crash
- Application Tour: Tour of the application so that a new user familiar himself/herself with all it features and working and can use the app to its fullest.
Analytics - https://talk.openmrs.org/t/google-analytics-for-android-client/6070/3
We need to create a way for the Android app to collect important usage data and report it back to the local server, so that the sysadmin can look at the Analytics. The extra credit will be for making the Analytics viewing system on both the app and the admin panel. Note: We will not use Google Analytics but will develop our own system so that we can have the data in the local openmrs server.