General Purpose and Targeted Distributions
|OpenMRS Reference Application||General Purpose|
Maintained by the OpenMRS community, this distribution demonstrates how the platform's capabilities can be used to build an EMR. You could use this out-of-the-box as a facility EMR, but it (currently) doesn't have the complete EMR feature set.
|Bahmni||General Purpose - Hospitals and Large Clinics|
Maintained by the Bahmni Coalition, Bahmni is an out-of-the-box EMR and Hospital Information System that can be configured without programming. It integrates OpenMRS with Odoo and OpenELIS to provide out of the box and ready to deploy, inetgrated solution that covers hospital workflows
|eSaude||Targeted - Mozambique||Developed by the Mozambique regional OpenMRS community, eSaude. A tailored distribution of OpenMRS to provide point of care clinical patient registration and healthcare workflows on tablets for the MOH public health facilities.|
Targeted - Kenya
Developed by I-TECH, KenyaEMR is a tailored distribution of OpenMRS which meets the requirements laid out in the Kenya Ministry of Health document: 2011 Kenya EMR Standards and Guidelines.
|UgandaEMR||Targeted - Uganda|
UgandaEMR is the custom implementation of OpenMRS in Uganda which is mandated by the Ministry of Health.
- CHITS is a targeted distribution for Philippine primary care centers, based on the older OpenMRS 1.8 platform
- PIH-EMR is an implementation-specific distro deployed by Partner In Health
- UP Health Service (UPHS) is an implementation-specific fork of CHITS
- OpenMRS Nigeria is a series of OpenMRS versions mirroring the Federal Ministry of Health tools for HIV/AIDS and MDR-TB programs as well as certified data collection tools. They are in the process of packaging this as a distribution with developers in Nigeria. Distribution Publication Date TBD. Learn more....
- OpenSRP is a product that provides "register-like" views for a cohort of individuals through both mobile and web-based views. It is enjoying broad uptake due to its focus on user experience. This product is developed on top of the OpenMRS platform.
Can I add my distribution to this page?
- be based on a currently-supported version of the OpenMRS Platform
- works work leveraging the platform APIs, not just sharing the data model
- include instructions to install and upgrade it as a unit
- be actively supported.
- At a minimum, one person available via some electronic format (email, skype, IRC, etc) and with the contact listed on the Distributions wiki page.
- have an open-source license and publicly-hosted code
If these this criteria are is met, and you want to share your work with others, please post to this Talk category and tag your post with "distributions", edit this wiki page directly, or reach out to Darius Jazayeri and Jan Flowers.
Not sure how to categorize your Distribution? Here 's are some examples:
- Do you intend for health facilities anywhere in the world to use your system without drastic customization? This is probably a General Purpose Distribution.
- Targeted at a specific geographic region, e.g. KenyaEMR or Mozambique's eSaude? This is a Targeted Distribution.
- Targeted at a specific disease, e.g. Ebola or MDR-TB? This is a Targeted Distribution.
- Is your distro built for one specific customer, and would need extensive modification or forking to be used by someone else, e.g. PIH-EMR? This is an Implementation Specific Distribution.
- Do you have a collection of OpenMRS modules and configuration, but no automated installer? This is not actually a distribution.
- Want advice on how to package things as a distribution? Post to the developers Talk category and ask!