The Implementers Group Meetings are a time to learn and celebrate our global community by gathering together in a host country that shares the commitment improve healthcare delivery throughout their country.
The OpenMRS community has proposed criteria to help us decide where an optimal location would be to have our group meetings hosted! We hope that a potential host country would meet the following criteria:
- Significant local OpenMRS community activity (ie, presence of regional community within country, hackathons, longstanding community membership, etc)
- Country helps support long term strategic interests of the OpenMRS community
- Easy access (ie, good international airport, liberal visa policies, local transportation)
- Travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the meeting
- Safety and stability (SOFT CRITERIA). This is a little tricky, as people live and work in places that are not that stable, but US citizens travelling under federal funding have more difficulty with elective travel to countries or cities for which the US State Department has issued an active travel advisory.
- Commitment to OpenMRS as a network, regional, or country level platform for patient-level record keeping (ideally, this commitment would come directly from a country's MOH or top health leadership)
- Strong local hosting organization with an ability to engage local resources / sponsorship
- Underserved environment
- Willingness to host OpenMRS clinical site visits