Have you implemented OpenMRS? Please participate in the Implementation Site Survey. If you already have, thank you!
The purpose of this module is to enhance radiology reporting for OpenMRS. The current state supports creation of a free text report that’s linked to an observation, and saved in the obs table. However, in real life radiologists use templates for reports. The largest library of templates available is provided by http://radreport.org/
Radiology reports exchange is governed by the MRRT standard. See complete description here : http://www.ihe.net/uploadedFiles/Documents/Radiology/IHE_RAD_Suppl_MRRT.pdf
The standard unifies representation of radiology templates as Html 5 , that have specific components.
For example: here is a CXR template http://radreport.org/template/0000102
The template is displayed as below
If you select view source , then the template’s HTML code is as below https://gist.github.com/judywawira/72668f75d2830fd561ec
The purpose of this task is to do the following
1. Incorporate templates from http://radreport.org/. The TinyMCE editor allows one to build plugins eg https://www.tinymce.com/docs/plugins/template/
2. Allow designing of templates by radiologists
3. Allow sharing of templates between installations using the MRRT standard
a. System should have a way to store the templates
4. Use the MRRT template mappings to generate a FHIR diagnostic report and POST it to OpenMRS
5. Extract MRRT mappings to generate a form schema in OpenMRS that can be used to store an obs group as results
Good Java skills
Familiarity with J2EE web programming (e.g., JSPs)
Familiarity with Spring Framework
1. Watch this video that describes the workflow of radiology https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czApoO5N9K8&feature=youtu.be
2. Read on the MRRT standard that powers the http://radreport.org/ library . Standard is available here: http://www.ihe.net/uploadedFiles/Documents/Radiology/IHE_RAD_Suppl_MRRT.pdf
3. Read on FHIR https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/OpenMRS+FHIR+Module and https://www.hl7.org/fhir/
Interested ? or have questions?