Overhaul the User Management dashboard for ID Dashboard
ID Dashboard is the glue that holds the community together. Currently we have to straddle two systems if users have issues registering, Atlassian Crowd (OpenLDAP) and Formage (MongoDB). We aim with this project to eliminate both and combine the solutions so we can see at a glance when users are in MongoDB, OpenLDAP or in both. This is one of those projects which benefits the people who make sure the community runs smoothly.
You can go even farther and have tools to:
- Detect spam users (a regular expression can work for this – but make it configurable!)
- Detect users in OpenLDAP and not in MongoDB (Orphan detection)
- Knowledge of REST API design and usage
- Familiarity with MongoDB and LDAP (or willing to learn)
- Questions can be asked in this thread on OpenMRS Talk
- ID Dashboard category on OpenMRS Talk: all discussion surrounding the OpenMRS ID platform goes here
- openmrs/openmrs-contrib-id: project source code on GitHub
- Previous years' OpenMRS ID GSoC Projects: OpenMRS ID Platform Improvements (2014), OpenMRS ID v2.1 Platform Improvements (2015)
- OpenMRS ID LDAP Explained: explanation of our LDAP data model that the Dashboard syncs to, which backs our Atlasssian-based tools like Confluence and JIRA.