|Project Champion||Unknown User (paul)|
|FHIR Guru / mentor||Unknown User (grahamegrieve)|
|Domain expert / mentor||Unknown User (surangak), Unknown User (harsha89)|
|Other interested parties / experts|
Unknown User (akanter) for MVP CIEL Dictionary
The OpenMRS FHIR module supports the ability to export and import data in the form of FHIR Resources.
What is FHIR ?
What does FHIR look like ?
A resource is an instance of data that is stored or exchanged. It has,
- a known identity (URL) by which it can be addressed;
- an identification of the subclass (an abstraction from the health domain) of which it is an instance;
- a set of data elements, whose values can be a resource references or of a pre-defined type, and may be single- or array-valued;
- a method of declaring additional data elements to extend the subclass;
- a human-readable XHTML representation of its content;
- a version ID that changes if the contents of the resource change;
- the ability to be extended to include additional data elements.
Upcoming FHIR efforts
We are working on three major projects to improve our work on FHIR during the summer of 2015.
Current status of FHIR support
To date, the FHIR module supports the following resources and actions.
Explore FHIR support for OpenMRS
Interested in learning more about our current support for FHIR?
1) Try our hands on demo at https://demo.openmrs.org/openmrs/module/fhir/apidocs.form#/default
2) Read through descriptions for each FHIR resource via the child pages given below