OpenMRS SDK 1.x is a tool, which helps a developer to create a module and run it in OpenMRS in a few minutes. We would like to make it work with OpenMRS 2.x.
- Improve maven module archetypes to be able to create modules for OpenMRS platform and OpenMRS 2.x. The 2.x version will depend on a small subset of 2.x modules like uiframework, appframework, etc.
- Add 'omrs setup servername:2.1 --db.type=mysql --db.url=localhost:3131 --db.user=admin --db.password=Admin123" to setup OpenMRS 2.1 with all bundled modules against external MySQL. It will ask for any not specified, but required parameters.
- Add 'omrs run servername' to run previously configured instance of OpenMRS. It will ask to create an instance if it doesn't exist.
- Add debug mode 'omrs debug servername' so that it is possible to connect to the running instance from any IDE.
- Add 'omrs upgrade servername:2.2-SNAPSHOT' so that it is possible to upgrade OpenMRS and all bundled modules to the given version or latest development version.
- Add 'omrs module-install servername metadatasharing:latest' to install or update to the latest, snapshot or exact version of the given module.
- Add 'omrs module-install servername' to install a new version of a module from source where the command is run.
- Add 'omrs module-uninstall servername metadatasharing'
- Add 'omrs reset servername' to reset the given instance of OpenMRS (clear database and application directory).
- Add 'omrs module-debug-on servername' to configure the module for hot redeployment of UI classes and resources. See Development Mode at Using the UI Framework in Your Module.
- Add 'omrs module-debug-off servername' to disable hot redeployment.
- Document new features and create a screencast for youtube
- Replace sqldiff with liquibase changesets in bundled modules. See e.g. https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/HTML-518
- Make any further improvements to enhance developer experience with OpenMRS 2.x
- OpenMRS SDK 1.x
- Dmytro's blog: http://openmrs2x-sdk.blogspot.com/
- GSoC 2013 project: OpenMRS Platform SDK