OpenMRS 2.x Android Client
|OpenMRS point of contact|
If you are an implementer and you wish to use our application, please do not hesitate to contact us via talk.openmrs.org. We are looking forward to collaborating with implementations of any size and geographic location that wish to use our product. We are very flexible and open to adjusting the objectives of the project to satisfy real life requirements first.
AbstractThe purpose of this project is to provide an OpenMRS 2.x client for Android devices. The app covers most of the functionality present in the web application including registering patients, taking visit notes, capturing vitals, etc..
The app communicates with OpenMRS instances using REST. It supports working offline (without network connection) with a chosen subset of patients. The database on the device is encrypted and password protected in order to secure patient data.
Screenshots - Click pictures to see enlarged version
- Log in offline
- Coded fields in forms
- Edit forms
- Edit patients
- Bug fixes
- Added merging patients registered offline
- Find Patient storyboard refactoring
- Fixed bugs
- All new Material Design
- Patient registration with offline support
- New dynamic Form UI builder using the REST API, not using ODKCollect and XForms anymore
- Form entry support offline, even for locally created but unregistered patients.
- Fixed a lot of bugs.
- Online/Offline mode.
- Online patient registration
- Integrate Android Espresso Test Framework
- Allow user to continue filling the form which was saved.
- Increase Code Coverage
- Added possibility to capture vitals from visit dashboard
- Provided data integrity with server side
- Updated flow for capturing vitals
- Optimised memory consumption
- Optimised application architecture
- Extended error handling
- Reduced bandwidth consumption with GZIP
- Bugs fixes and minor views improvements
- Added possibility to capture vitals.
- Added possibility to start and end visit.
- Few views have been redesigned.
- Added location to the login screen.
- Single patient synchronisation.
- Imported ODK Collect module.
- Added tablets compatibility.
- Last searched patients are listed in separated tab.
- Moved URL dialog as the first screen of app.
The first release is named to match OpenMRS 2.0.
- Login screen
- Read-only access to patient details (full name, birthdate, address), vitals and visits.
- Downloading and storing patient data in the encrypted database on the device
In order to test the application, you can use our test server which is http://devtest04.openmrs.org:8080/openmrs. The username is admin and the password is Admin123. It is an installation of OpenMRS 2.2 with the additionally installed REST module upgraded to 2.12-SNAPSHOT, which you can download here.
Support, Q&A, & Discussion
Please see the Resources section for a handful of links.
We are working in sprints. The issues included in the latest Sprint can be always found in JIRA at https://issues.openmrs.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=60.
For instructions on how to setup your development environment please see https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-android-client
We accept pull requests for issues in JIRA following the best practices defined by the OpenMRS Community. All you need to know can be found by exploring Getting Started as a Developer.
We are also grateful to our growing number of volunteer developers and other paid developers, who will be listed under each release. Please see the full list of contributors.
The initial work (versions 2.0 and 2.1) was done and funded by the SolDevelo company.