Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk
Real-Time: IRC Chat | Slack

Projects

Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Directory


To Address Next Meeting

  1. Reuseable Carbon Components Library - next steps? Design call? Just start?
  2. Mentors for Admin Page work: Ideally same person who creates page, knows REST API...
  3. Who will take on the iframing for HFE forms?
  4. Update on appointments (low priority) - adding in a few slots for appointments

Meeting Notes

Design call

Alerts inbox

2021-02-25: Squad Call

Attendees: Ciaran, Grace, Amos, Brandon, JJ, Cliff, Daniel, Dennis, Dimitri, Donald, Eric, Eudson, Florian, GraceN, Herman, Ian, Kdaud, Samuel, Nikita, Romain, Sttimba, Tendo

Updates

Demos

Romain: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication/tree/3.x 

We can use this to set up our QA and DEMO environments (e.g. demo3.openmrs.org and qa3.openmrs.org)

. But first...

TODO: Need to i.d. exactly what Metadata Config is needed. Pull in UCSF BA Mwariri and PIH David DeSimone - call w/ Romain/Eudson/Mwariri

TODO: Daniel Kayiwa Some backend work needed to get this list as short as possible: (e.g. appointment issue blocking others - address module dependencies) -  MF-490 - Getting issue details... STATUS


Donald - carbonized login & navigation from registration page


2021-02-22: Design Call

Need RBA design call w/ examples; people w/ RA system's 2.x perspective - 2-3 weeks from now

2021-02-18: Squad Call: Demos, Design updates, and key dev conversations

Attendees: Burke, Donald, JJ, Jonathan Teich, Amos Laboso, Anjula, Bawantha, Brandon, Ciaran, Daniel, Dimitri, Donald, Eric, Eudson, Grace Nakiguli, Grace Potma, Samuel, Nikita, Tendo, Herman Muhereza



  •  Demos
    • Donald - Forms update & Demo
      • Can build forms:

        Can Add Forms to Forms Widget:

        Can go to form for that patient: 


        TODO: Donald to get work merged

        TODO: Follow up on design and task for form in action panel

        TODO: Grace Update TAC

        TODO: Grace f/u about HIV care forms from AMRS we can add

        TODO: Carbonizing plan - Monday design sesh? How soon in roadmap

    • Florian - in process of releasing stepping stones; hoping to release in 1 week
    • Ciaran
    • Nikita - progress on overview page and timeline page 
  • (Ian) FHIR discussions - What we need from FHIR module / API gaps: what the MF squad needs that we aren’t providing via FHIR or they can’t figure out how to access via FHIR.
    • Flags
    • Communication, to a specific user (keep track; possibility to force user to acknowledge the result)
    • Log of things a user has received
    • (Drafts of notes?)
  • How it's going working together and with Carbon and ESM
    • Eudson standup suggestion
    • Q&A in slack - who owns? Timeline acceptable?

2021-02-15: Design Call

  • Design update: Desktop view for Lab Results
    • Scroll with mouse?
  • Plan to setup QA & Demo environments (Romain & Dimitri)
  • Plan re onboarding workshop
  • Plan to handle non-numeric lab results

2021-02-11: Squad Call: Test Results, ___

Attendees: Nikita, Grace Potma, Burke, Jonathan Teich, Anjula Samarasinghe, Ayush Sharma, Bawantha Rathnayaka, Brandon Istenes, Ciaran, Daniel, Dimitri, Donald, Eudson, Florian, Grace Nakiguli, Larry Ivange, Samuel Male, Romain, Tendo, JJ.

Recording: 

Test Results progress:

  •  Loading card that's only a single lab result has been a challenge - redundant data transfers happening excessively. Need follow up meeting with FHIR squad members.
  • Brandon INr tooling updates
  • Florian updates
  • Tendo updates
  • Ciaran updates: Clickable Desktop prototypes now ready for User Testing; to start user testing next week. Desktop-izing work will soon be ready for development.
  • Donald Form update: 
  • Proposal from Nikita: Can we have a library where people can pull standard (or OMRS-bespoke) component code from? E.g. he's seen 3 different ways of implementing cards so far. 

2021-02-08: Design Call

Recording: https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_jwjuciih

Goal: interactive desktop experience by ~ Nov 15, then start user testing. Need test users ready for ~Feb 18

2021-02-04: Demos & New Design Style Guide for specific use cases

Recording: https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_a1wyi2vc 

2021-01-28: Sprint Review & Demos

Recording: https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/1_yh43as74

Attendees: Burke, Donald, JJ, Jonathan T, Brandon, Ciaran, Daniel, Dimitri, Eric, Florian, Larry, Romain, Samuel, Tendo, Grace

  • Still no decision about how to embed MFE tech into next RefApp release (whether to handle as OMOD with no MFEs, or whole package of containers + ngnx → deploy)


Major Forms Update:

  • Donald has connected the AMRS Form Builder and added a Search for Forms widget: 
  • Now we have both a way of creating and displaying forms: 
  • Consumed as a parcel: 
  • Next step is to get it working using the actual MFE framework (Donald & Florian to follow up)



2021-01-27: Design Session/Presentation: 

Attendees: Ciaran Duffy, David DeSimone (PIH), Esther Kanyangonda (IntelliSoft), Grace Bish, Jonathan Dick (Ampath), Michael Bontyes (MSF-OCP), Susan Gathu (IntelliSoft), Ian Bacher (Brown), Juliet Wamalwa, Ken (IntelliSoft Kenya), Eudson Bambo (UCSF)

Slides: https://app.pitch.com/app/presentation/698294fd-1f1e-4590-a970-ae2a3418ff74/c12ad460-817b-4f9e-9eb2-e29d2c8cc77f

Recording: https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/Microfrontend+Meeting/1_ed3qoh9s?st=325&ed=1515 

We're still open to more feedback on Theming and we'll try to keep the discussion going in the coming months. We'll try to create as much opportunity as possible for INrs and collaborators to voice their needs. 


Feedback heard on call: 

  • Intellisoft: Resonated for Intellisoft b/c they often have to re-brand for their customers' needs.
  • MSF (Organization): "As long as we can add our red color we'd be happy (smile) What's more important for us is localization and internationalization - language requirements."
  • UCSF: Eudson will f/u with team to share these; branding may indeed become a requirement of the PEPFAR HIV RefApp work (OHRI).
  • PIH (Organization): Some re-branding/re-coloring of the RefApp for their implementations; what's demo'd here would satisfy their requirements. 

2021-01-25: Design Call: Test Results progress, Whitelabeling Config Project Updates

Nikita, Jonathan Teich, Ciaran, Eric, Tendo, Grace

Nikita showed how he can now show panels as well as individual results from the server itself: 

Problem: calling all concepts with Tests or LabResults, 100's of call each time, results in significant loading/fetching time / performance issues

Currently no better way to do this with REST. TODO: Nikita going to meet with Ian to see how this could be handled with FHIR. The difficult thing is to find all concepts that have observation data for this patient. 


Whitelabeling Config Project Updates

  • Designs for areas that would be changed: To package in a separate Zeplin project
  • Main areas for branding via Config: Login page logo (link change), FAB, Nav bar, action buttons, page button highlight, favicon & browser tab name
  • Ciaran to prep Presentation with visuals that can be sent around

2021-01-18: Design Call: Test Results progress


Test Results progress & update from Nikita:

  • Current state of Timeline: 
  • Suggestion to use FOSS option from agGrid for timeline view https://www.ag-grid.com/ Seems it should be able to handle all the business logic we need. Could always be replaced later. 
    • Decision: Time-box to try and replicate the timeline design and see how it looks. 
    • Decision: For rest of this sprint, prioritize Results Overview page; if we get some progress as well on timeline view via attempt to implement with ag-grid, then great! 
  • Ciaran shared progress updates on whitelabelling designs.
  • Grace to work w/ JJ, Jonathan Teich on sample patient data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z08Xb-WDlo5Dqclo1T4ksd2av6MQZxnD1FAlHvwA9uU/edit?usp=sharing
    • Then we'll add this into the demo site DB via the REST API

2021-01-14

Attendees: 

Implementer tools update from Brandon: Substantial carbonizing and UI improvements

    

Registration update from Larry & Romain:

 Carbonizing done, some bug fixes ongoing. Sections are structured to be independent of each other.




Updates

  • We will proceed with iframe plan, bigger form goals not a priority. Ideally we still make a high-level decision about what we will/won't do.
  • Need to find IN' that uses HFE to take this on, b/c Ampath doesn't use. (JJ to f/u with Brandon, Stephen)
  • Design Discussions Needed:
    • Registration page configurability
    • Forms High-Level Decisions

2021-01-07

Key Points

  • Need someone to take on iframing for HFE forms
  • Start next sprint next week - planning sesh Monday (TICKET to cover description of iframing HFE work)
  • Follow up Design Session about Visit Note page

Updates & Discussion:

  • Lab Test Results: Nikita to begin work on these now, using the current Sketch designs: https://www.sketch.com/s/1dd7e0f7-b96b-4586-846c-5c352fc954e3/p/lab-results-current
    • TODO: Tickets/definition of work for next sprint? 
  • "Forms 0.1": Specific resource not yet i.d.'d for iframing HFE Forms - Nikita and Florian can provide support in the background. Will require some backend support b/c HFE doesn't supply a REST endpoint you can use to get the HTML. Server render → deploy to iframe. The render includes ++ context & needs a REST endpoint. Next we might strip out all the extra stuff in that context (no framework around it; removes everything but the form).
    • Design discussions about next gen form engine need to continue - want to be ready to work on this next gen in Feb. Goal = January.
    • Technical oversight from Nikita and Florian but need assignee - Goal = January.
  • Appointments Scheduling: This is an area for possible Bahmni collaboration. Bahmni appointment scheduling still seems like the better option right now. Don't want to try to use legacy Appointment Scheduling UI b/c it's legacy and angular and would require total redesign. Idea: click and be taken away to another tab. Scheduling is a different experience in a different tab, nice that it's already naturally separate w/ Bahmni appointment scheduling. So this is there, but we need visibility for this to show up in 3.0 frontend.
    • Means using the Appointments OMOD backend module (not Appointments Scheduling OMOD). Eudson to get to know app called Bahmni Appointments (there are some things to know in there like appointment services, appointment service categories). Will continue checking in w/ Dennis & Dimitri as needed. Need endpoints to point to right REST API endpoints.
  • Distro Packaging work: Update on Romain's work: Ready to be used - dockerized, consolidated and much smaller list of things to load. Goal is to make this the reference distro to use for CI purposes. Goal = January. Have to add both HFE and HFE UI modules (wanted to minimize things like this).
  • Visit Note: update on Dennis' work implementing these wireframes: https://app.zeplin.io/project/5f7223cfda10f94d67cec6d0/screen/5fa4407717f41a3adc623b3b
    • TODO:  Clarify what should be driving the content of this Visit Note (form?)
    • TODO: Clarify whether "Diagnosis" is the term we want to use (or problem? reason for visit? what's the purpose of this field, how is this field's data used?)
    • TODO: Clarify whether the Red/Blue label UI is how we want to handle the semantics of a primary/secondary diagnosis/problem/reason for visit
  • Attachments: Add Image should be a re-useable component - TICKET - Samuel working on this; Samuel & Dennis to connect to confirm how Dennis can embed that component in the Visit Note page.
  • Implementer Tools:

2021-01-04: Priorities for January 2021

Attendees: Burke, Eric, Grace, Jonathan Teich, Daniel

Updates

  • Eric: No blockers for Donald/Dennis re. implementing designs; Eric to f/u w/ them this week.
  • Ciaran: back Jan 11.
  • Burke: Thoughts about how to use GSOC for MFE. Need clear projects that are well described and attractive.

January Priorities

  • GSOC Project Clarity
    • High-level overview of Admin Modernization - Burke - Done: GSOC 2021: Modernizing Administration functions for OpenMRS
    • Requirements granularity
      • What things are used so rarely it's not worth including in scope? What's used most commonly? What's more heavily used in Legacy vs 2.0 UI? (Don't just assume that what we need is strictly from the legacy UI - need to prioritize.)
      • API Gaps: Some Admin fx will need REST API backends/endpoints built. "Take these 3 fx and build a REST API". This needs to be done before UI can be built on it!
      • Prioritize Domains: Need to find out from Implementers which of the domains are heavily used. Then i.d. API gaps. - TODO: Grace f/u with Dimitri.
      • UI Design needs: TODO: Grace post requirements and f/u with Ciaran
  • Whitelabelling Progress
    • Ciaran working on samples Jan 11-12 
    • January 13 Session w/ Implementers to share Examples, talk about the Potential, and gather some quick Feedback (and we can post on Talk after too)
      • TODO: Grace f/u with PIH, Ampath, Mekom, NigeriaEMR, KenyaEMR, UgandaEMR
    • Focus is on Skinning: Logo, color theme. Avoiding styling changes (e.g. dimensions/pixel # changes).
  • QA Strategy
    1. In Jan: Introduce Ampath QA Team to OMRS QA Team (TODO: Grace; Eric & Robai to encourage team to attend)
    2. In Jan: Strategy RFC
      1. How do we increase automated testing of the tech, e.g. unit tests, linting, integration tests 
    3. In Feb: Start end to end manual workflow testing of end user fx
  • 3.0 Roadmap
    • January workshop TODO: Grace f/u w/ JJ about progress setting this up
  • Features
    • Finish changing Frontend Architecture: Acceptance criteria for whether it's ready (TODO: Grace f/u with Florian & Brandon)
      • Florian working on one more PR for config
      • Stability
      • Documentation
    • Order Entry: Done & ready for testing
    • Registration: Romain (main issue has been how to design to ensure configurability users will need) (TODO: Validate approach w/ Brandon)
    • Patient Dashboard. summary, & related extensions: Donald (needs tasks) & Dennis (visit summary ongoing)
    • Test Results & Chart Search: Nikita (starting now); some support from Ciaran
    • HFE Forms: support for HFE Forms via iframes (start w/ iframes for quick & dirty solution - integration work needed (load iframe etc; well defined, not big scope)) - next generation work later in future). Continue occasional design discussions about our approach to FHIR Qnr; will reconnect about LHC Forms Team's ongoing work. Clarity on next gen plan by end of January.
    • Attachments extension: Samuel
    • Appointments widget: Eudson Bambo (some support from Dennis)
    • Offline Mode: Next in Florian's cue
    • Patient Lists: Bett did some design work on this previously - will need feedback from Ian, Seaton; this is Ciaran's next priority

2020 Meeting Notes

https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/eIHoDg

2019 Notes & Recordings

https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/UgNiDQ


  • No labels