OpenMRS is a software platform and a reference application which enables the design of a customized medical records system with no programming knowledge (although medical and systems analysis knowledge is required). It is a common platform upon which medical informatics efforts in developing countries can be built. The system is based on a conceptual database structure which is not dependent on the actual types of medical information required to be collected or on particular data collection forms and so can be customized for different uses.
OpenMRS is now in use around the world (see the OpenMRS Atlas), including South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Uganda, Tanzania, Haiti, India, China,
United States, Pakistan, the Philippines, and many other places. This work is supported in part by many organizations including international and government aid groups, NGO’s, as well as for-profit and nonprofit corporations.
As mentioned above openMRS is very popular among the African countries.And it’s a very well known fact that mobile devices are very popular among these countries.Without having mobile responsive UI it’s very hard for users who are using mobile devices to use the application.This is the main influence for the project to be take part on the GSoC’19.
Minimal Viable Product (MVP)
- Migrate the Home Page & Login page Sections.
- Migrate the Patient dashboard section.
- Migrate clinician Facing Dashboards.
- Migrate Appointment Scheduling UI.
- Migrate Login Page Section.
- Migrate Home Page Section.
- Migrate Clinician Facing Dashboards.
- Appointment Scheduling Section.
- Capture Vitals Section.
- Migrate Registration Section.
- Migrate Data Management Section.
- Configure MetaData Section.
- Metadata Mappings
- Manage Modules Section.
- Mange Global Properties Section.
- Manage Accounts Section.
- Chart Search Section.
Few Pages/Sections Covered.
Capture Vitals Section
- Project Talk Thread.
- Previous talk threads regarding the project.
- Previous talk thread regarding the project.
- Mid Term Evaluation Thread.
- Testing Server.