2014 Internship Project
This project is being considered as a potential project for 2014 Internships. If you are a potential intern and are interested in working on this project, please discuss it in detail with the mentor(s) listed here before submitting your internship proposal.
AbstractA lot of great work was done during GSoC 2013 to integrate OpenMRS and DHIS2. The aim of this project is to extend the OpenMRS-DHIS2 Integration Module. The new features to be added will be sourced from the community.
- Concisely list objectives here.
- Add a wish here list here for future development.
- OpenMRS data model / understanding of OpenMRS terms.
- DHIS data model
- Reporting Module functionality.
- Basic understanding of Spring and Hibernate.
Basic understanding of XML and JAXB is needed as the OpenMRS-DHIS2 Integration Module implements them.
April 21 – May 19 (Community Bonding Period):
- Get to know my fellow peers and co-workers
- Throughout this period, I will as always be available on IRC to further discuss the proposal with members of the OpenMRS community so that I will be able to adjust or add things that I may have not thought of before.
- I will be actively engaged in discussions with my mentor to further understand and agree on the scope and requirements of the project.
May 19 – August 18:
- Development phase (to be broken down into detailed steps)
- OpenMRS-DHIS2-SDMX-HD Integration (see also child pages)
- http://www.dhis2.org/ (see documentation)
- https://lists.launchpad.net/dhis2-users/msg03768.html (read complete thread)
- http://jhia-online.org/index.php/jhia/article/view/65 (paper on integrating OpenMRS and DHIS2 using demo data)