The OpenMRS domain objects currently heavily rely on the xml mapping files. These not only makes it difficult to for new developers to figure out how the object defined variables end-up in the database, but also processing the metadata related to the domain object becomes more difficult. This project will address the challenges faced when depending on xml mappings as well as address the possible bugs that could be uncovered when migrating to annotations' usage.
- Excellent understanding of Java
- Good understanding of the hibernate library
- General understanding of the OpenMRS data model
- Familiarity with Liquibase
- Switch from xml mappings to annotations on all OpenMRS Core domains