|Sai Sandeep Mutyala|
AbstractA lot of great work was done during GSoC 2013 to integrate OpenMRS and DHIS2. The aim of this project is to extend the OpenMRS-DHIS2 Integration Module. The new features to be added will be sourced from the community.
- Gather requirements by communicating with the teams who have currently deployed the OpenMRS to understand the problems using the current DHIS2 Integration module
- Upgrade the module to work with the latest version of the DHIS2 data model
- Upgrade the UI of the module to be used with the micro frontend architecture
- OpenMRS data model/understanding of OpenMRS terms.
- DHIS data model
- Reporting Module functionality.
- Basic understanding of Spring and Hibernate.
Basic understanding of XML and JAXB is needed as the OpenMRS-DHIS2 Integration Module implements them.
- Reconcile DHIS2 Reporting module branches
To make the module available in production, the `adx` and `adx-disaggregations` branches should be merged to master to ensure the module has the following,
- Use CODE values instead of UIDs
- Use DHIS2 friendly terms at the dataset level
- Define a standard set of concepts/terms to use
- Import datasets using a connected DHIS2 instance
- Support multiple Period Types
- Map OMRS locations with DHIS2 Organisation Unit codes
- Develop the UI using Micro Frontends
- Add custom SQL Queries support
- Add Export functionality (export SQL-mapped dataset from the module)
- Push data to DHIS2 automatically
- Store multiple DHIS2 connections
More details on the next steps can be found here: COVID-19 Public Health Response — Improving OMRS to DHIS2 Integration
OpenMRS-DHIS2-SDMX-HD Integration (see also child pages)
- http://www.dhis2.org/ (see documentation)
- https://lists.launchpad.net/dhis2-users/msg03768.html (read the complete thread)
- http://jhia-online.org/index.php/jhia/article/view/65 (paper on integrating OpenMRS and DHIS2 using demo data)
- Progress thread: https://talk.openmrs.org/t/gsoc-2020-improving-openmrs-dhis2-integration/28623
- Project’s wiki page: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/GSoC+2020+%3A+Improved+OpenMRS+DHIS2+Integration
- COVID-19 Public Health Response - Improving OMRS to DHIS2 Integration: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Improving+OMRS+to+DHIS2+Integration
- COVID-Squad notes: https://notes.openmrs.org/covidsquad2020
- ADX specification: https://ihe.net/uploadedFiles/Documents/QRPH/IHE_QRPH_Suppl_ADX.pdf
- ADX-HIV content profile: https://ihe.net/uploadedFiles/Documents/QRPH/IHE_QRPH_Suppl_ADX-HIV.pdfhttps://medium.com/@jayasanka_sack/comparison-between-openmrs-dhis2-integrations-9742272bb8b6
- Dive into DHIS2 Integration work: What's done, and gaps to know: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QkyaN9L14fu_iSjURZ5F4hlDj7viz6ufQtaKfLwN9kw/edit?usp=sharing
- Comparison between the DHIS2 Connector Module, DHIS2 Reporting Module branches, and UgandaEMR approach: https://medium.com/@jayasanka_sack/comparison-between-openmrs-dhis2-integrations-9742272bb8b6
- Summary: Comparison between OpenMRS DHIS2 integrations: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16-20-UgZLnU2KuMps2HXMzu9ZEmdIRVWmY1qXz-pOG4/edit?usp=sharing
- Summary: Reconcile DHIS2 Reporting module branches: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IdN2mo1acBKrBDV3cIGCNpy0__lQldQbgn9ZCO1lrJ4/edit?usp=sharing