The goal of this project is to improve ease of data migration for production settings by improving upon an existing data migration tool to make it more user friendly.
The student will develop an OpenMRS specific module that either (a) reuses components from or (b) integrates the eSaude Data Migration Tool (eSaudeDMT) it in order to migrate data from SQL-based data source into OpenMRS Platform. The completed module will provide a WUI to configure migration settings that are currently being performed using an XML file (config.xml), and a command button to ignite the execution.
- Good Java skills
- Basic Spring / Jsp skills to develop front end interfaces of the module
- SQL and familiarity with database applications
- Some understanding of the OpenMRS data model
- Willingness to get up to speed with the eSaude DMT application
Identify mechanisms to either modularize eSaude DMT for OpenMRS Platform or integrate them
Provide WUI (OpenMRS Administration menu) to configure inputs and migration settings of the eSaude DMT
- Enable the execution of eSaude DMT through OpenMRS platform
- Develop OpenMRS interfaces to map the concepts of OpenMRS implementation with the source database (replace the XLS format of eSaude DMT)