This document is a WIP. Feel free to contribute edits/ edit proposals.
Before getting started, be sure to read the OpenMRS Getting Started Page.
Key tools used in the Front-end Client
- Material Design
That's mostly it. Other tools, like redux-thunk, axios, etc can easily be picked up. If you are familiar with React, you can start contributing to the project.
We occasionally need to step into the back-end to fix a few bugs. Python and Django knowledge would be a helpful advantage.
Environments & CI
- Staging (UAT):
- Deployments CI:
- QA Environment: updated automatically on each GitHub commit as per this CI build plan: Open Concept Lab - OCL Client 642: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo
- Staging, Production, & Demo: https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/OCL-OC/deployments
Where Work Happens (Repos & Issues)
- Frontend (Dictionary Manager webapp): https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-ocl-client
- Module (Connects the Dictionary Manager to an OpenMRS EMR): https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-openconceptlab
- Backend (Open Concept Lab): https://github.com/OpenConceptLab
- Issue Trackers
- Sprint Board: Please use our shared Jira project to assign yourself tickets (and create some as needed) so that we avoid accidental duplication in work.
- Open Concept Lab Team's GitHub (file issues with OCL API/backend here): https://github.com/OpenConceptLab/ocl_issues/issues/
If You Find Issues with the OCL API
- Open Concept Lab Team's GitHub (can file issues with OCL API here): https://github.com/OpenConceptLab/ocl_issues/issues/
Other OCL for OpenMRS Wiki Resources
Join our team calls! We meet most weeks on Wednesday at 7:30pm IST | 5pm Nairobi | 4pm Cape Town | 2pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle
Call link: om.rs/zoomocl
Check the OpenMRS Calendar for the latest scheduling; some weeks we do not meet due to big events or holidays.