2014 Internship Project
This project is being considered as a potential project for 2014 Internships. If you are a potential intern and are interested in working on this project, please discuss it in detail with the mentor(s) listed here before submitting your internship proposal.
One of the most useful aspects of an electronic medical record system is data retrieval. While OpenMRS has some mature tools for data collection and reporting, we still need a good tool for rapid perusal of patient data. Jonathan Cummins has created a Chart Search tool for Regenstrief that uses SOLR to provide powerful, sub-second Google-like searching of a patient's record. The goal of this project is to build the first version of Chart Search for the OpenMRS Reference Application platform.
Unknown User (burke)
Unknown User (jcummins)
Unknown User (draggonz)
- Create a Chart Search module for the OpenMRS Reference Application
- Embed Apache Lucene for indexing of documents
- Create a process to index all patient data (visits, encounter, observations)
- Create an initial UI for searching and filtering patient data
- Model the addition of data to the index in a manner that allows other modules to contribute their data
- Create a migration pathway for people starting with Chart Search and embedded Lucene to migrate to a separate SOLR server