The OpenMRS Reference Application comes with the Reporting module, which is a powerful tool for creating reports, however it does not provide any reports out of the box.
The goal of this project is to provide basic reporting and give some insight into your data.
E.g. listing all patients seen today, broken down by demographics, place of origin (based on address), encounter types, encounter locations, diagnoses, etc.
We will also want to visualize data using charts.
When working on this project, you will get a chance to develop the whole web stack and get a good grasp of back-end and front-end technologies. Your work will be included in Reference Application, which is deployed in hundreds of facilities around the world!
- Hibernate, SQL
- HTML, CSS
- AngularJS or ReactJS
- Create a new Basic Reports module with Open Web App UI.
- Reach out to implementations to determine the most useful reports to include in the module, see the following module for ideas:
- see also RA-1257 - Include Demo Reports with demo data In Backlog
- Implement various reports using the Reporting module API
- Add charts to visualize data for some of the implemented reports
- see https://talk.openmrs.org/t/charts-in-openmrs/9985/9 for the discussion about the approach to take
- Implement warnings for metrics meeting customizable conditions, e.g. increased number of a certain diagnosis in a defined period, increased number of dispensed drugs, too many patients being admitted for available personnel, etc.