Feb 20, 2015
Unknown User (akeny) - AMPATH
Unknown User (ningosi) - ITECH
Unknown User (moshon) - KEMRI CDC
Unknown User (plangat) - CDC
Unknown User (pseurey) – AMPATH
1. ITECH has been using an Excel Spreadsheet to manage concepts which are downloaded via Dropbox from MVP-CIEL Concept dictionary. This approach implies that no local concepts can be used and every time an updated concept dictionary is uploaded, the previously existing dictionary is completely wiped off and replaced. Andy usually shares new versions of the concept dictionary periodically through Dropbox.
2. This process is very manual and aside from SQL scripts that compare content in terms of concepts contained in different versions of Dropbox, everything else is manual.
3. Kenya EMR has thus come up with the module that will help in updating and editing CIEL concepts. This is the Subscription module. This module subscribes to the MVP-CIEL dictionary.
4. The idea is to have one central server for Kenya that subscribes to the MVP-CIEL dictionary through the subscription module. Most other organizations will rely on the central server for the concept dictionary library and all updates. No site will run the module as an independent entity. Everything will be managed centrally.
5. Once Kenya has subscribed to the entire CIEL dictionary and have it running on the central server, periodic checks will be programmed to run automatically to check for any new concepts in the CIEL dictionary. All new concepts added to CIEL dictionary will be imported to the Kenya Central Server.
6. A dedicated team of technical persons will manage the Kenya Central Server. They will receive requests from different organizations and individuals and process these, akin to what Andy does for MVP-CIEL dictionary.
All organizations using OpenMRS will have to map their concepts to the CIEL concept dictionary.
Dedicated team to manage concept needs of different organizations in Kenya. This team will also handle concepts unique to each organization to ensure no undue duplication of concepts occurs.
Resources for procurement and management of the Kenya Central Server.
2. Different organizations have different and unique concepts. Who is to decide on the uniqueness of a concept to an organization?
How to handle unique concepts
Lack of resources like time and personnel
3. How far is the development of the module
4. Who will constitute the team that will review the concepts?