This module serves as one of the alternatives to Microsoft InfoPath for OpenMRS data entry.
The module converts an OpenMRS form to an XForm.
This module also consumes and serves OpenMRS forms as XForms from and to applications that use the XForms standard.
An example of such applications are the XForms Mobile Data Collection tools for OpenMRS.
The communication between the mobile device and this module can take places via HTTP, Bluetooth or SMS.
The Bluetooth and SMS communication is implemented by the OpenMRS Bluetooth and SMS scheduled tasks respectively.
Applications that work in offline mode will normally start by downloading a set of patients to collect data for. So these patient sets are supplied by this module.
To ensure that only authorized users will access these applications, the module also serves the users to be downloaded and used for such purposes.
What This Module Does Do
- Supports both filling of new encounters and editing of existing ones using the same form.
- Enables you to replace the default patient registration form with a custom one without any programming.
- Lets you enter observations during patient registration.
- Supports uploading of picture, sound, and video files together with displaying and playing them.
- Serves OpenMRS forms as XForms to external applications.
- Serves users and patient sets, including medical history, to external applications.
- Accepts form data submitted from external XForms applications.
- Supports creation of patients and entry of observations for both new and existing patients using basic text SMS from all mobile devices including the cheapest non programmable ones.
- Lets you design forms using a browser based form designer which now fully supports undo/redo for all actions.
- Supports the new OpenMRS reference application user interface.
What This Module Does Not Do
- Does not give you as much flexibility as the HTML Form Entry Module when it comes to the form layout and looks.
To download the XForms Module, please go to the OpenMRS module repository here: