There are 2 ways to synchronize a parent and child server depending on your connectivity:
- Synchronize Manually via File/Disk (when no network connection is available between the two sites)
- Synchronize Automatically via Internet
How to Synchronize via the Web
- The easiest way is to set up a schedule for syncing automatically. On the child server, click on the link for "PARENT" in the configuration page to add/edit the schedule. (Once this is set up you should see a new task in the Manage Scheduler admin screen in openmrs).
- If automation scares you, you can trigger sync'ing manually by clicking the synchronize now link on the configuration page, then click the "Send/receive changes via the web" button and wait.
How to Synchronize via File/Disk
From the Child server:
- On the configuration page, click send file link then "Export to File" button and save the resulting file to disk.
- Take that disk to the Parent server, and log in.
- On the configuration page, Click "upload/generate reply" to upload the data into the Parent system.
- The previous step will generate a "response" file. Save this file to the disk again.
- Take the disk back to the Child server and log in.
- Upload this response file to the upload file page Parent so that the Child server knows that the Parent has received the previously sent data/file. (if you don't do this, the child server will continue to send all changes to the parent server over and over again)
(Back to Sync Module home page)