- Download java 8 release of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- For the standalone version you will only need the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) not Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Java 8 isn’t just recommended… it’s required for most releases in the 2.x series.
To download the application use the this link https://www.oracle.com/in/java/technologies/javase/javase8-archive-downloads.html
- Accept the license agreement and make sure you download the correct file basing on your operating system, whether its x32 or x64 bit.
Note: If you are unsure about the version please follow this guide http://update.se.wtb.tue.nl/documentation/install/manual-java.html
- It is recommended to download the executable file (.exe) for a simpler run
- Execute the downloaded file, accept the license agreement and follow the instructions in the wizard, installing in default installation directories.
You can install the OpenJDK on it's own as a package
or automatically as a dependency of Tomcat