This is a work in progress.
See https://talk.openmrs.org/t/service-provider-program-draft-definition-and-terms/12865 for the current status.
OpenMRS encourages organizations and consultants to grow their businesses by becoming service providers of technical, implementation, and maintenance support of OpenMRS products. Implementers around the world consistently come to OpenMRS in search of expert help with their implementations. We've created an OpenMRS Service Provider program to begin offering a list of resources that are available for these implementers to contact directly in order to find an appropriate fit to meet their needs.
What Is a Service Provider?
An OpenMRS Service Provider is an organization that has the commitment and capacity to perform software development, advising, training, and/or implementation work using and promoting products in the OpenMRS ecosystem.
What is not a Service Provider?
- Individuals operating as direct contractors or consultants are not eligible for listing in the Service Provider program. Why is this? Because our goal with the SP program is to promote the growth of businesses in the ecosystem)
- General IT or software development or HIS businesses not actively using or promoting OpenMRS development or implementation are not eligible for listing. You must actively be engaging in OpenMRS specific projects in some manner.
Types of Service Providers
OpenMRS Experienced Service Providers
|Name||Services Offered||Region Served||Description||Contact Information||Documented Experience|
|Jembi Health Systems||Complete end to end solution design, Implementation & Support of different health solutions and technologies||Africa|
We design and build people-centred information systems to gather the insights needed to tackle challenging health problems.
Applying our technical and implementation expertise to improve Digital Health systems in Africa's challenging low resource settings.
We work with governments, partners and the international donor community to improve health outcomes for those most in need.
|IntelliSOFT Consulting||eHospital: Implementation of Health Information Systems , Community health information systems, Facility level, Point of Care Solutions||Africa|
IntelliSOFT Consulting specialises in supporting realisation and optimisation of business performance and productivity through development, implementation and supporting meaningful use of information, communications and technology agnostic, web-optimised software particularly for low resourced environments.
Health systems’ strengthening is the primary focus of the business specifically in the area of Health Research Support information Systems and Health Management Information Systems.
|Mekom Solutions||Solution Design, Implementation & Support, Hospital and Point of Care Solutions||Asia, Africa, Haiti||As an OpenMRS implementor and Bahmni partner we provide tailored, affordable and easy-to-learn digital health solutions.||https://mekomsolutions.com/2019/02/03/the-lake-clinic-cambodia-moved-to-electronic-medical-records/|
|Sol Develo||Software Development House||Global|
We offer a comprehensive Agile Software Development and IT Consulting services.
Depending on your needs, our experts can advise you on what technology should be used, prepare the detailed design of the whole system and implement all the needed features.
OpenMRS Startup Service Providers
Startup service providers are those that do NOT yet have documented experience on projects in their services offered, but they are making a self-attested commitment to using and promoting OpenMRS products.
|Name||Services Offered||Region Served||Description||Contact Information|
|USA. Africa, Uk||TekMindz is one of the largest companies from Asia providing configuration, customization and implementation services on OpenMRS. We bring on table a rich experience by customizing OpenMRS framework for various healthcare agencies in US, Africa and Afghanistan to suit specific needs.|
Can I add my organization as a service provider onto this page?
To join the Service Provider program, and list yourself on this page you must agree to:
- List your organization on this website with a narrative about services you provide that are aimed at OpenMRS products (not other services or products).
- Regularly participating in the community through sharing updates on activities and accomplishments via online channels, quarterly project management calls, or other means.
- Allowing OpenMRS to promote or advertise the partnership in any manner OpenMRS wants
- Documented commitment to using and promoting OpenMRS products (e.g. OpenMRS Service Provider badge on your website)
- Promoting the participation of your clients/implementations/users in the OpenMRS community where applicable
- Having contact information available, and being responsive to requests for information about services.
We reserve the right to remove any Service Provider from the program who is non-responsive, or who receives excessive complaints regarding service.
What does it take to be an OpenMRS Experienced Service Provider?
You must have documented projects in the area(s) you are listing yourself as providing service for. Documented means: publicly available case study, white paper, presentation or slides, or a project website. These are examples, but other similar publicly available documentation is acceptable.
What does it take to be an OpenMRS Startup Service Provider?
It takes a (self-attested) commitment to using and promoting OpenMRS products.
Why become a listed Service Provider?
- Advertising / promotion via OpenMRS name and branding
- Listing on the Wiki and the Website as an official OpenMRS service provider
- OpenMRS can use accomplishments in blog postings, case studies, annual reports, which helps promote the service providers brand
- Access to use the OpenMRS SP participant logo on their website and marketing materials
Having trouble contacting a Service Provider?
Are you an implementer or funder who is having trouble accessing a Service Provider's contact that is listed on this wiki page? Post your questions on OpenMRS Talk on in the #implementing:service-providers category.