The module has been worked on by different groups historically. Please refer to
if you want to know more about the modules origin.
Current set of features:
- place radiology orders in OpenMRS
- configure a set of concept classes to define the orderable imaging procedures at the healthcare facility
- configure a DICOM web viewer like oviyam or weasis to open the ordered radiology studies from within OpenMRS
- create radiology report (currently only free text) once a radiology order is completed
The module has not yet been officially released. We are working very hard on a first release. Please watch https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RAD for any updates.
The module currently does not send order messages to any external system via HL7. So you do not need to install an open source PACS like dcm4che at the moment.
To install the radiology module refer to https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-radiology
and for more in depth information on configuration have a look at http://teleivo.github.io/docs-openmrs-module-radiology/
The general requirements for installing and using the module are
OpenMRS Platform Version: 2.x
Browsers: Chrome or Firefox.
If you find a bug or want to contribute please refer to
For any questions on the module please have a look at https://talk.openmrs.org/
Your question might have already been answered. If not just create a new topic and dont forget to tag it with "radiology".
Feel free to join development!
Check out issues that are ready to be worked on: https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RAD
Current Google Summer of Code 2016 Project:
- Source code + Docker installation: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-radiology
- Guide: http://teleivo.github.io/docs-openmrs-module-radiology/
- Guide source code: https://github.com/teleivo/docs-openmrs-module-radiology