The Point of Care module was written by Partners In Health for use at the outpatient clinic at Lacolline Hospital in Lascahobas, Haiti. It provides the following features:
- Patient registration
- Primary care reception
- Primary care visit
- Patient lookup
This is currently running on OpenMRS 1.6.5 with the following modules:
- Address hierarchy
- Name phonetics
- Program location
- ID generation
- PIH Haiti customizations
- Synchronization (optional)
This module is currently not available in the module repository.
Roles and privileges
Instead of using role-based home page, this module uses 4 new and specific roles for users of the 3 different applications:
- Outpatient Application User: Used to show the Primary Care program area along the with 4 tasks (Patient registration, Primary care reception, Primary care visit, Patient lookup).
- Rehab Application User: Used to lead into the patient dashboard for Rehabilitation patients.
- MDR-TB Application User: Used for the MDR-TB patient dashboard.
- Report User: Added privileges for users who are generating reports (Run reports, SQL Query Access, etc)
Comparison with other modules and projects
There are also projects in Rwanda and Malawi.