These instructions describe installing KenyaEMR from source in a development environment.
- Git (installation instructions)
- Maven (installation instructions)
- A suitable IDE (the core team currently use IntelliJ IDEA)
- A fresh OpenMRS 1.9.7 install with the latest CIEL concept dictionary installed
Don't install the demo data during OpenMRS installation as this will conflict with the metadata included in KenyaEMR. There should be no pre-existing data in OpenMRS prior to installation.
Some of the modules included in KenyaEMR require the scheduler.username and scheduler.password settings (formerly global properties from platform 1.8 downwards) to be set correctly. If these are not set correctly you may end up locked out of OpenMRS.
Building the distribution
- Create an account on Github and configure your SSH keys
- Go to the KenyaEMR module repository and fork the project
- Open a terminal and navigate to a suitable directory where you will keep your working copy
Clone the repository into that directory, i.e
Use Maven to build the distribution:
The distribution should now be available as distro/target/kenyaemr-xxx-distro.zip where xxx is the latest version number of the code.
Deploying the distribution
Deployment is just a matter of extracting the distribution into your OpenMRS modules repository directory. If you are on Linux and using Tomcat you might do this like:
Then restart Tomcat.