This year, OpenMRS' Implementers Meeting is going virtual!
We want your experience as a speaker and contributor to our virtual meeting to be a success. We've put together some tips to help you get ready for a smooth presentation.
Remember! 90% of a meeting's success comes from preparation
- Think about lighting and where you are seated. Having your back to the window will cast a shadow over your face so try to sit facing the window or light source.
- Become familiar with the platform and any interactive tools available for the meeting. OMRS20 will be using Zoom. Make sure you know how to share screens, set your profile (with a photo), etc.
- Always test your video and audio! Even if you are familiar with Zoom or Uberconference, log on 10-15 minutes early and make sure your microphone and webcam are working.
- Make sure your internet connection is strong enough.
- Have dial in information handy in case your connection drops and you can't reconnect.
- Reduce distractions. Use a good headset so that you can be heard clearly and reduce background noise. Turn off notifications.
- Keep your video on for the duration of your session.
- When you're not speaking, please put your audio on mute.