Lead Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager guides development activities from conception to deployment.
- Project and program management experience (i.e., resource planning skills and abilities to delegate and hold others accountable)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to run large IT projects with multiple stakeholder involvement
- Experience with project management software (including OpenMRS ticketing)
- Ability to work well with people of different cultures and in different timezones
- Able to to work remotely and comfortable with using online collaborative tools (e.g., Google docs, VOIP, screen sharing, etc.)
- Knowledge regarding software architecture
- Ability to assemble and lead newly formed teams (lead and inspire others, identify strengths & weakness of team members, handle complex & sensitive issues, match tasks with opportunities)
- Guide a team of developers ± business analysts in taking technical solutions from concept to realization.
- Coordinate, oversee and manage the technical road map(s) in conjunction with other technical leads.
- Balance the requirements and constraints between implementers (i.e., consumers) and the community development team through a directed technical process.
- Monitor, document, report and communicate the status of multiple development projects using project management software
- Facilitate prioritization of the latest set of technical issues
- Identify the root of technical issues / challenges
- Develop a risk mitigation plan
- Employ and publish mitigation strategies for technical risks
- Help developers find the happy balance between creativity and consuming rabbit-holes so that meaningful outcomes are regularly achieved
- Oversee and facilitate growth of volunteer project management resources within the OpenMRS community