The Technical Architecture Committee’s (TAC) primary purpose is to determine how to build our software products the right way.
This committee is responsible for:
- Defining the overall technical and system architecture.
- Reviewing and vetting community technical priorities and projects for technical feasibility and viability
- Maintaining the technical roadmap
- Setting community technical standards for code quality, contributions, and performance
- Encouraging and reviewing contributions for inclusion in core OpenMRS technical products
- Providing feedback on technical approaches to OpenMRS projects, implementations, and distributions as requested
Who is involved?
Any community member is welcome to participate in and contribute to Technical Architecture Committee discussions, whether this is during the TAC's weekly meeting or on Talk. Community members who demonstrate a high level of commitment by actively contributing to the TAC will become a core member with decision making authority. Every two years, we expect up to 5 core members to affirm their commitment to serving on this committee.
Goal of the TAC calls: Review technical/platform/product decisions; provide response to issues coming up from community and help set/endorse clear technical direction. A forum where the Global Product Support Team is communicating clearly together and with our community, so we can all be aware of what we're working on, our shared vision/goals for the year/quarter/month, and unblock each other quickly.
1) The Global Product Support Team members and any community members share w/ others what they are working on (30 second standup-style);
2) Raise any blockers;
3) Deep-dive topics. These are the main focus and can range from data model suggestions/issues to analytics pipelines to release plans.
Where to join the conversation
The TAC meets on a weekly basis every Thursday at 2pm UTC (3pm CET / 5pm EAT / 7:30pm IST / 9am EST / 6am PST)
Join using Zoom: https://om.rs/zoomtac
Join by phone: +16699006833,,93941698390# Passcode 1
Talk: The TAC shares meeting information, key questions, discussion points, and documents decisions on Talk, and especially in our notes page.
Contact Grace Potma for more information on how to participate and contribute to the TAC.