The Technical Action Committee’s (TAC) primary purpose is to determine how to build our software products the right way.
This committee is responsible for:
- Defining the overall technical and system architecture.
- Reviewing and vetting community technical priorities and projects for technical feasibility and viability
- Maintaining the technical roadmap
- Setting community technical standards for code quality, contributions, and performance
- Encouraging and reviewing contributions for inclusion in core OpenMRS technical products
- Providing feedback on technical approaches to OpenMRS projects, implementations, and distributions as requested
Who is involved?
Any community member is welcome to participate in and contribute to Technical Action Committee discussions, whether this is during the TAC's weekly meeting or on Talk. Community members who demonstrate a high level of commitment by actively contributing to the TAC will become a core member with decision making authority. Every two years, we expect up to 5 core members to affirm their commitment to serving on this committee.
Where to join the conversation
The TAC meets on a weekly basis every Friday at 7:30pm IST | 5pm Nairobi | 4pm Cape Town | 2pm UTC | 9am EST | 6am PST.
Join using Zoom: https://om.rs/zoomtac
Join by phone: +16699006833,,93941698390# Passcode 1
Talk: The TAC shares meeting information, key questions, discussion points, and documents decisions on Talk, and especially in our notes page.
Contact Grace Potma for more information on how to participate and contribute to the TAC.