What's new in OpenMRS 1.8.3
Release date: 14 Dec 2011
This is a maintenance release to OpenMRS 1.8, specifically to fix a high-priority bug introduced in version 1.8.2. If you are currently running OpenMRS 1.8.2, we recommend that you upgrade as soon as possible. There are no database changes between OpenMRS 1.8.2 and 1.8.3. It is fully backward and forward compatible.
- TRUNK-2500 - Synchronized Block in ModuleClassLoader Causing Dead Locks - sjmckee
- TRUNK-2508 - replacing dojo references in openmrs.js - jkeiper
- TRUNK-2430 - fix userbar positioning - jkeiper
- TRUNK-2518 - Incorrect max length of text field when creating/editing a Concept Source - djazayeri
- TRUNK-2514 - messages_fr.properties for reporting - peichenauer
- TRUNK-2033 - java.lang.ClassCastException: org.openmrs.Person cannot be cast to org.openmrs.Patient - gwarren
- TRUNK-2584 - Fix purgeConcept and deleteConceptWord methods in HibernateConceptDao - gwarren, tmdugan
- TRUNK-2637 - Fix JSP rendering on tomcat 7.0.16+ - sunbiz
- TRUNK-2662 - Logging level Setting not used - bwolfe
- SYNC-67 - Fixing uuid breakage when converting from a concept to a concept numeric datatype - bwolfe
Please also see the OpenMRS 1.8.2 Release Notes, OpenMRS 1.8.1 Release Notes and OpenMRS 1.8.0 Release Notes for additional resolved issues and new features since version 1.7.
It is highly recommended to upgrade all of your modules to their latest versions from the OpenMRS Module Repository to maximize the benefits this release has to offer. You may also visit Performance Tuning for information on how best to tune your installation of OpenMRS for best performance.
This module is bundled with OpenMRS 1.8.2 and is marked as a core module. It can be upgraded, but can not be removed:
These modules are bundled with OpenMRS 1.8.3. They will be started automatically and can be removed if desired.