July 15, 2010
This version of OpenMRS is a prerelease and not considered worthy for production use. Its function is to give users an idea of what to expect and help discover any possible obscure new bugs.
See the release notes for 1.7.0 for the final production-ready release.
Whats New Since 1.6
Version 1.7 of OpenMRS has six (6) major changes. (A larger list can be found below.)* Problem lists and allergy lists
- Location Hierarchy and Location Tagging
- Improved handling of Concept Tags
- Support for Spring Framework 3.0
- Migrate Boolean concepts to codes in the database
- Daemon user for background/system processes
A huge thanks to the 48 people that contributed code to this release: aravindm, astelmashenko, batkinson, bmamlin, bwolfe, chenhf, christian.chircu, cnaut, diptanuc, djazayeri, dthomas, firzhan, hablutzel1, Harsha.cse, jimpu2, jkeiper, kennymac, Knoll_Frank, l0s, luzhuangwei, Manohar, mcunderlik, mogoodrich, mseaton, niranjan, nribeka, omar.verduga, PKirwa, porchamt, r0bby, raff, rfoecking, sapna, senthilvs, shazin, slorenz, sneha, sree, suneeth, syhaas, thilini.hg, tks423, uday_rayala, umashanthi, upul, vindyani, wyclif, zabilcm
Not to mention all the people that contributed in countless other ways to support this release and be a great part of the shaping of this release: pbiondich, mdowney
We welcome any user to download OpenMRS 1.7 Beta and try it out, give us feedback, and potentially bug reports on this release. We especially ask current users try this version out on their own database and with their custom modules.
Even if you don't have time to do any thorough testing, we'd really appreciate it if you can upgrade a copy of your database to the 1.7 data model, and report on any errors than may occur in the upgrade script.
If a new bug is found, send an email to one of the mailing lists or create a new JIRA ticket (click upper right icon). Signup for an ?OpenMRS ID (registration required).
We do not recommend using this in a production environment!
These modules are bundled with the 1.7 beta openmrs.war download. They will be started automatically and can be removed if they are not wanted.* Logic 0.4
- Data Entry Statistics 1.3
- Form Entry 4.5.2
- Reporting Compatibility 18.104.22.168
- HTML Form Entry 22.214.171.124
- Serialization 0.2.2
Non-Backwards-Compatible Changes for Developers
Changelog since 1.7 alpha
Besides moving to JIRA and Crucible, here are the latest changes:
- TRUNK-4 - zabilcm - Create a windows installer
- TRUNK-29 - jkeiper - add paging and/or search to HL7 queue management
- TRUNK-1604 - jkeiper - Advice is getting called twice after module add or upgrade but not after startup
- TRUNK-2 - bwolfe - Make webapp theme colors customizable
A more thorough breakdown of all features and bug fixes can be found here: http://tickets.openmrs.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&version=12561