The Professional Development Management Team guides the creation, use, and implementation of educational materials to be used in OpenMRS technical skill building activities.
This team is responsible for:
- Defining the goals and objectives of OpenMRS Developer and Implementer Tracks
- Designing and developing associated projects and materials
- Ensuring that content used in OpenMRS technical capacity building activities is complete, up-to-date, and accurate
- Managing OpenMRS mentorship programs, including Google Summer of Code & our Fellowship Program
Who is involved?
Current Team Members
Where to join our conversations
The Professional Development Management Team meets on a weekly basis on alternating Mondays & Tuesdays:
- Every other Monday (from November 13) at 7:30pm IST | 5pm Nairobi | 4pm Cape Town | 2pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle.
- Every other Tuesday (from November 7) at 6:30pm IST | 4pm Nairobi | 3pm Cape Town | 1pm UTC | 8am Boston | 5am Seattle.
Weekly meetings are held via Zoom, Meeting ID: 395 793 894
- Computer or mobile: https://om.rs/zoomacademy
+12532158782,,395793894# Passcode 1
+13462487799,,395793894# Passcode 1
Talk: The Professional Development Management Team shares meeting information, key questions, discussion points, and documents decisions on Talk.
Contact Jennifer Antilla for more information on how to participate and contribute to the Technical Skills Development Team.
Meeting Notes and Recordings
Expectations for Professional Development Management Team Meeting Notes
We have a dedicated note-taker for each meeting who is responsible for note taking. Notes are circulate to squad members for review. We strive to make sure that:
- the meeting agenda is included the notes at the beginning of the meeting
- someone is tracking the time so we cover the agenda items
- we document important decision points - and their rationale
- individuals are encouraged to add important points to the notes
- a summary of action items for next meeting is provided
Meeting notes and recordings are posted to Professional Development Management Team Weekly Meeting page.