The OpenMRS Platform provides the backend operations for OpenMRS, including the application programming interfaces (APIs) and the necessary storage/database(s) to support OpenMRS applications. While OpenMRS is used primarily as an electronic medical record system, there are several different distributions (e.g., Bahmni, KenyaEMR, UgandaEMR, NigeriaMRS, etc.) and other uses (e.g., personal health records, notifiable condition detectors, etc.). All of these flavors of OpenMRS use the OpenMRS Platform for their backend.
When we meet
Excluding OpenMRS Holidays, this call meets every Wednesday at 5pm UTC.
What we do
- Robust & reliable APIs to support OpenMRS solutions, using an increasingly modular architecture and evolving toward micro services architecture while preserving the benefits of administering a monolithic application.
- Review backlog and set priorities for Platform issues (bugs, new features, etc.)
- Bring major decisions to the Technical Action Committee to set the overall strategy and roadmap for the OpenMRS Platform
- Who can join?
- Anyone in the OpenMRS community interested in helping move us toward our vision.
- Core API
- REST API
- FHIR API
- Application administration
- Metadata & module management
- Backend Support for Frontend Framework
- Triaging/prioritizing backend work
- Backend design decisions
- Technical Roadmap for OpenMRS Platform
Out of Scope
- Frontend applications
- Vertical/Implementation-specific solutions
How to join
https://om.rs/zoomplatform (if prompted for a passcode, answer "1")