When OpenMRS reached 2.0, we decided to allow the platform – application programmer interface (API) and web services – to develop and grow separately from the web application. As a result, we have named the API and web services "OpenMRS Platform" and will continue to call our web-based medical record system "OpenMRS".
This release is the "OpenMRS Platform 2.0.0" – it is the release version of the under-the-hood OpenMRS API that follows the OpenMRS 1.12.x line.
The next release of the reference application 2.5 will use this platform version.
Note: This platform release requires Java 1.8 and above.
Release date: Thursday, 28 July 2016
Release Manager: Mayank Sharma
OpenMRS Platform 2.0.0 is shipped with 201 bug fixes, 65 new features and other issues.
All methods and classes which were deprecated as per 1.11.0 have been removed.
The major milestones accomplished in this release include :
* Updating layout.address.format global property
* Removing dashboard.regimen.standardRegimens global property
* Encrypting the users.secret_answer column
* Temporarily removing foreign key constraint from person_attribute_type.edit_privilege column
* Temporarily removing foreign key constraint from role_privilege.privilege column
* Increasing the size of the privilege column in the privilege table
* Adding foreign key constraint to person_attribute_type.edit_privilege column
* Increasing the size of the privilege column in the role_privilege table
* Adding foreign key constraint to role_privilege.privilege column
* Adding foreign key on patient_identifier.patient_id column
* Add changed_by column to encounter_type table
* Add date_changed column to encounter_type table
* Create allergy table
* Create allergy_reaction table
* Add allergy_status field to the patient table
* Custom changeset to migrate allergies from old to new tables
* Removing the active_list_problem table (active_list feature removed)
* Removing the active_list_allergy table (active_list feature removed)
* Removing the active_list table (active_list feature removed)
* Removing the active_list_type table (active_list feature removed)
* Adding address columns (7-15) to person_address and location
* Removing a column value_boolean from obs table
* Converting values in drug_order.dosing_type column from SIMPLE to org.openmrs.SimpleDosingInstructions (TRUNK-4845)
* Converting values in drug_order.dosing_type column from FREE_TEXT to org.openmrs.FreeTextDosingInstructions(TRUNK-4845)
* Creating concept_attribute_type table
* Creating concept_attribute table
* Add "Get Visits" privilege
* Add "Get Providers" privilege
* Add "Add Visits" privilege
* Add "Get Visits" privilege to the roles having "Get Encounter"
* Add "Get Providers" privilege to the roles having "Get Encounter"
* Add "Add Visits" privilege to the roles having "Add Encounters"
* Add "Add Visits" privilege to the roles having "Edit Encounters"
These modules are bundled with OpenMRS Platform 2.0.0. They are started automatically and can be removed if desired.
Download OpenMRS 2.0.0
Below are some key conditions that need to be satisfied before attempting an upgrade because they are guaranteed to halt the upgrade if they are not.
Consider using our upgrading guide. In summary for Standalone 1.12.x or any other upgrade to 2.0.0, follow this guide:
Thanks to you all that have made 2.0.0 a success The people we have worked with to get 2.0.0 out and released to the whole community, Here are they by their names:
Aashna Garg, Achinta Roy, Adam Grzybkowski, Akshika Wijesundara, Alexei Grigoriev, Alexis Duque, Ankur Goyal, Arkadiusz Kołodziejski, Bhavana Ramasayam, Břetislav Hájek, Burke Mamlin, Cathy Chen, Chethan A, Cintia Del Rio, Clifton McIntosh, Cosmin Ioan, Daniel Kayiwa, Darius Jazayeri, Dave Lahn, David Churcher, David Dworken, Erick Wafula, Fernando Barbosa, Filip Biedrzycki, Gaurav Narula, Geoffrey Wasilwa, Haolan Chen, Harsha Kumara, Imran Tatriev, Ivange Larry, Ivo Ulrich, Jakub Buczyński, Jakub Kondrat, James deGraft-Johnson, Jason Vena, Jennifer Parise, Jessica Ern, Jie Chen, Judy Gichoya, Julius Duic, Kaweesi Joseph, Kishore Yekkanti, Kristopher Schmidt, Lluis Martinez, MA Corrales, Manika Maheshwari, Mark Goodrich, Mayank Sharma, Michael Downey, Michael Hofer, Michael Souza, Mihir Khatwani, Mike Seaton, Mikko Suniala, Milan Karunarathne, Myrle Krantz, Nadeeshani Pathirana, NAGASOWMYA MAJETY, Namrata Nehete, Nicholas Folk, nilmadab mondal, Owolabi Legunsen, Pascal Brandt, Paweł Gutkowski, Paweł Muchowski, Peiyuan Zhao, pralay ramteke, Preethi S, Priya Samuel, Radosław Puzdrowski, Rafal Korytkowski, Rasanjana Perera, Robert Day, Roman Zayats, Ryan Crichton, Sam Dale, sancho sebastine, Sandeep Raparthi, Saptarshi Purkayastha, Sashrika Waidyarathna, Satwik Reddy, Sebastian Theis, Sergey Morozov, Seth Noyes, Sharon Varghese, Shekharreddy Mittapelly, Shreyans Sheth, Shubham Rai, sravanthi naraharisetti, Stanislav Pereverziev, Stephen Senkomago Musoke, Shreyans Sheth, Suranga Kasthurirathne, Tanay Abhra, Tharaka Nilushan, Tharunya Pati, Thilo Beckmann, Thisura Thejith, Thomas Van Doren, TJ Tunnell, tobias vogel, Tomasz Marzeion, Tomasz Mueller, Ujjwal Arora, Václav Krpec, Vaibhav Agarwal, Venkata Jaswanth U, Vicente Bermúdez, Vikash Gupta, Vinay Venu, Vishnu Mechineni, wadinga leonard, Wesley Brown, Willa Mhawila, Wyclif Luyima, Yousef Hamza, Yuri Sintyaev, Zakaria Amine, Ada Yeung, James Arbaugh, Ellen Ball, Unknown User (robby), Jamie Thomas, Andrew Kanter
OpenMRS 1.10 is no longer supported
As described in Unsupported Releases (EOL), OpenMRS can only support up to three released versions at a time (the current release and then two versions back). With the release of OpenMRS Platform 2.0.0, support is no longer provided for OpenMRS Platform 1.10.x and earlier. This announcement also serves as advance notice that support will end for OpenMRS Platform 1.11.x, concurrent with the release of OpenMRS Platform 2.1.0