Release Date: Wednesday November 26th 2014
This version of the OpenMRS Platform is a pre-release and not considered worthy for production use. Its function is to give users an idea of what to expect in the upcoming major release (1.11.0) and help discover any possible obscure new bugs.
What's New in OpenMRS Platform 1.11.0-alpha
We have compiled a vast number of bug fixes and new features among other features for over 26 months back-wards from now in this one release. We have much to mention about as you can probably imagine and yet we can't mention all of it here, however just to site out a few features among many, we have:
- Lucene search feature for Concepts and Drugs
- Support for H2 database
- Upgrade HL7 from 2.5 to 2.6
- Hindi localization of OpenMRS
- OpenMRS ENGLISH to CHINESE Language Translation
- Added a way to test liquibase changesets
- Introduced API performance tests
- Added Drug Ingredients to API
- Added a way for a module to say it needs to start before another
- Added ability to start all modules at once, in their correct dependency order
- Added privileges for both viewing and editing Encounter
- Obs have an optional pointer to the form fields they were created through
We are so thankful to all our at-least 121 contributors towards this great release, Here is a list of these wonderful people
Ak, Akash Agrawall, akub Kondrat, Alec Pawling, Alberto Saavedra, andreapat, Andrew Szell, aniketha, anotherdave, Areo, Arkadiusz Kolodziejski, atmohsin, Ben Wolfe, Bhashitha Wijewardhane, blobbered, Burke Mamlin, Carlos Augusto de, Oliveira, chalakanth, channab, Chelsea H. Komlo, citigodev1, Crazzykid, Damian Szafranek, damithakithmal, Daniel Kayiwa, Darius Jazayeri, David Churcher, David Elston, Dedunu Dhananjaya, devcritter,dkithmal, Dominic Lynch, Dominic Surrao, Zhaslan Doschanov, Filip Biedrzycki, Filip Spiridonov, Fouad Zaryouh, Garima Ahuja, Gaurav Paliwal, Gaurav Saini, Geoffrey Wasilwa, geoff-wasilwa, gto11520, guilhermejccavalcanti, Gurpreet Luthra, h3llborn, Hannah Massey, Harsha Kumara, haychris, Isha Tripathi, Jakub Buczyński, Jakub Kondrat, James Arbaugh, Janet Riley, Jasper Vandemalle, Jeffrey Kantor, Jeremy Keiper, Jesus Salazar, Kishore Kumar Yekkanti, Kaweesi Joseph, kohousim, Krzysztof Kaczmarczyk, kushal8, lc-daderemi, Lech Rozanski, Lee Breisacher, Lisha Ruan, Lluis Martinez, Lukas Breitwieser, Lukasz Plotnicki, Nithya Gubbala, madawa-rc, Marek Szukalski, Mark Goodrich, Marv Cool, Marvin Yan, Matthew Ssemakadde, Michael Downey, Michael Pigg, Michael Seaton, Mykola Vorobey, mylesbarros, Nils Eckelt, nribeka, Oliver Wilkie, Ozge Catalbas, Paweł Muchowski, Patrick Turley [pturley], Priya Chandran, Przemyslaw Gierszewski, Pulkit, pushkar, Radek Puzdrowski, Radoslaw Puzdrowski, Rafał Korytkowski, Rob, Robert Day, rohitmukherjee, Rowan Seymour, sachethgupta, Saptarshi Purkayastha, Sara Fatima, sashrika, SharonVarghese, shruthidirepresents revisionpali, ShubhamRai, sitarama, suranga, SusanTan, tadeitto, tonybeing, Tharunya Pati , Ujjwal Arora, vaibhav-hp, Vatsal Singhal, vencik, Vinay Venu, Vinkesh Banka, Wesley Brown, Wolf Schlegel, Wyclif Luyima, Yekkanti Kishore Kumar.
We welcome any user to download OpenMRS 1.11.0 Alpha and try it out, give us feedback, and potentially bug reports on this release. We especially ask current users to try this version out on their own database and with their custom modules.
If you are the lead developer of a module, then you should test out your module against this 1.11.0 alpha, so if you need to make any changes, you can do so well before the final release.
Even if you don't have time to do any thorough testing, we'd really appreciate it if you can upgrade a copy of your database to the 1.11.0 data model, and report on any errors than may occur in the upgrade script.
If a new bug is found create a new JIRA ticket .
We do not recommend using this in a production environment!
OpenMRS Platform 1.11.0 Alpha represents revision: 5f62852afff0aa828870c297e1b402ef82d53dad
There are no bundled modules in the release.
Changes for Module Developers
- TRUNK-3390: Upgraded Spring framework to 3.2.7.RELEASE
- TRUNK-3379: Upgraded hapi from 2.5 to 2.6
- TRUNK-3169: Removed logic as core module. Just in case any modules assumed presence of logic to use its bundled groovy-all.jar
- TRUNK-4296: ValidationException now contains the entire Errors object instead of simply the error message text.
- TRUNK-3825: Removed loading of module specific log4j configuration files
- TRUNK-3367: Moved application level privileges from api to web subproject. These were moved from PrivilegeConstants to ApplicationPrivilegeConstants
- TRUNK-2897: For validation errors, ValidationException is thrown instead of APIException
- TRUNK-3504: ProgramWorkflowService.getProgramByName no longer looks at Program.concept.names. But instead looks at Program.name
- TRUNK-3940: Because of XSS attacks, we now escape all html characters by deault. As a result, you may find yourself having to do the same changes as for HTML-569
Data Model Changes
- TRUNK-2768: Added person.deathdate_estimated to person table
- TRUNK-3902: Renamed concept_numeric.precise to concept_numeric.allow_decimal
- TRUNK-4105: Added index for code on the concept_reference_term table
- TRUNK-3903: Added concept_numeric.display_precision to concept table
- TRUNK-333: Removed concept_set_derived table
- TRUNK-2999: Removed concept_word table
- TRUNK-3474: Removed null constraint on all decription columns of all tables
- Changed person_merge_log.voided column datatype to BOOLEAN
- Adding uniqueness_behavior column to patient_identifier_type table
- Creating the drug_ingredient table
- Inserting the new application privileges
- Inserting the new API privileges
- Granting the new patient overview tab application privileges
- Assigning the new API-level privileges to roles that used to have the renamed privileges
- Increasing the size of the privilege column in the privilege table
- Increasing the size of the privilege column in the role_privilege table
- Add optional property view_privilege to encounter_type table
- Add optional property edit_privilege to encounter_type table
- Adding not-null constraint to orders.as_needed
- Changing test_order.laterality to be a varchar
- Adding FK constraint for test_order.specimen_source if necessary
- Normalize varchar length of locale columns
- Dropping not null constraint from concept_class.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from concept_datatype.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from patient_identifier_type.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from person_attribute_type.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from privilege.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from role.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from relationship_type.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from encounter_type.description column
- Adding configurability to Patient Header on Dashboard. Therefore the cd4_count property is dropped and replaced with a header.showConcept property.
- Adding the unique constraint to the encounter_type.name column
- Adding the unique constraint to the encounter_role.name column
- Adding the unique constraint to the location_attribute_type.name column
- Dropping the tribe field from patient table
- Dropping not null constraint from program.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from order_type.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from concept_name_tag.description column
- Dropping not null constraint from active_list_type.description column
- Adding form_namespace_and_path column to obs table
196 Bugs Fixed
75 New Features Added
And 27 Sub Tasks
Upcoming End of Release notice
OpenMRS 1.8 will reach end of life when Platform 1.11.0 is released.
As of described in Unsupported Releases (EOL), OpenMRS can only support up to three released versions at a time (the current release and then two versions back). With the release of Platform 1.11.0, support for 1.8 will no longer be provided by the core Development Team for OpenMRS 1.8.x and earlier. This announcement also serves as advance notice that support will end for OpenMRS 1.9.x, concurrent with the release of Platform 2.0.