This version of OpenMRS Platform is a prerelease and not considered worthy for production use. Its function is to give users an idea of what to expect in the upcoming major release (Platform 2.5.0) and help discover any possible obscure new bugs.
OpenMRS Platform 2.5.0 Beta is the second pre-release for testing, leading up to an eventual release of Platform 2.5.0 in 2021.
The Platform 2.5.0 is carrying with it new and interesting features like Administration via REST, Support for Referrals enchancements like
FormRecordable for more than just
Condition and upgrades / deprecation to some third party dependencies like OpenMRS will from this time onwards run on Tomcat 8.5+ .
Most of these changes were inspired by the New Refapp 3.0 which is currently already on pilot testing 2.5.0-alpha.3 . Something worth noting is Refapp 2.12.0 has also been successfully spinned on Platform 2.5.0-alpha.3
You can download Platform 2.5.0 Beta to try/test it
(See below for the complete list in the change log section)
- Support for Tomcat 8.5+
- Support for
FormRecordablefor more than just
- Administration via REST
- Patient Lists (Cohort Module changes)
- User settings - TRUNK-6020Add support for storing user-specific settings for OpenMRS 3.0 Code Review (Post-Commit)
- ServiceOrder Class
- Moving OrderTest toward ServiceOrder to support Referrals at sub-tasks at TRUNK-6029
- Support for Referral Order in OpenMRS
Special thanks goes to the following people in the work they've done to make this release a success Daniel Kayiwa for the technical guidance , development and other aspects involved , Burke Mamlin for his untiring support through the Platform Team and Talk , design and business analysis specifically for the features included in this release. And the developers who worked on the various tickets Bartłomiej Rasztabiga Christopher Miiro Antony Ojwang Testers from the QA Team for automating Some tests Sharif Magembe Kakumirizi DaudChristine Gichuki Irene Nyakate Juliet Wamalwa and the Entire QA Team , Grace Potma for interfacing with MFE squad , Ian Bacher Piotr Mankowski from the Fhir squad.
We welcome any user to download OpenMRS Platform 2.5.0 Beta or try it out on one of the servers where it is deployed (see table below), give us feedback, and potentially bug reports on this release. We especially ask current users try this version out on their own database and with their custom modules.
|Deployed Artifacts||Server||Deployment Status|
|Platform 2.5.0-beta||uat-refapp.openmrs.org||(Running beta.3)|
Note : Alot of automation has been done and still going on . But there are certain things which cannot be achieved through automation(e.g library / server version upgrades and the after effects ) , therefore the need for this testing.
We request module owners to verify their module works with Platform 2.5.0 Beta.
We request the implementers to try out Platform 2.5.0- beta with the latest (currently 2.12.0)RefApp release in a staging environment. It would to great to know about features that are missing or faulty just incase.
These modules are bundled with the 2.0.0-Beta openmrs.war download. They will be started automatically.
Data Model Changes since 2.4.0
- Delete non-null constraint from column cohort_member.start_date
- Adding "form_namespace_and_path" column to encounter_diagnosis table
- Adding "form_namespace_and_path" column to the allergy table
- Adding 'encounter_id' column to the allergy table
- Adding "form_namespace_and_path" column to the orders table
- Adding "form_namespace_and_path" column to the patient_state table
- Adding 'encounter_id' column to the patient_state table
- Increasing user_property.property from VARCHAR(100) to VARCHAR(255)
- Changing user_property.property_value from VARCHAR(255) to LONGTEXT
- Creating order_attribute_type table
- Creating order_attribute table
- Create order_referral table
- Introduce location column to test_order table
- Adding type field to the Location table
Priority Ticket Statuses at the time of the Beta release