Platform 2.4 will come bundled with REST-WS module and FHIR2 module. Before making the final release, we intend to run end to end tests for the REST endpoints defined in both the modules. Testing of FHIR2 endpoints was done by: and we are left with testing of REST-WS module's endpoints. This wiki describes the process we are following to test the REST-WS endpoints.
For REST-WS module we are using this google sheet(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vrVYIjVZqxzS2FHmD63KGV2wqvpJN-x-k77atS6TtIM/edit#gid=0 ) to log testing activities. Later, data from the sheet will be used to develop an automated rest endpoint testing system and we will deprecate the manual testing of rest endpoints for future releases. We are only proceeding with the manual testing due to time constraints and absence of an established end to end rest-endpoint testing system for platform releases.
For the FHIR2 module we are using this google sheet( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pBXcf-hlxbpRqJKFsys1WgC9f26-c9v7yrszWoKVczY/edit#gid=0 ) to log testing activities
- create a patient
- edit a patient
- purge a patient
Steps to test
- Head to http://uat01.openmrs.org:8080/openmrs/module/webservices/rest/apiDocs.htm
- Choose a category of rest endpoints from the screen
- Click on expand operations to see the list of available rest endpoints
- Enter the parameter values in the provided textboxes
- Click on "Try it out" button for that endpoint
- Head to the Google Sheet and fill up the entries for the endpoint you jus