- Learn what benefits we can get by having core developers functioning as a member of an implementation team.
- Core developers will learn about the inner workings of the UI 2.0 framework.
- An implementation (i.e., PIH) has a new appreciation for how the community can help them.
- Core developers more familiar with CI and Agile development.
Topic: Mirebalais User Interface Sprint
Lead: Darius Jazayeri
Date: 24-October-2012 to 6-November-2012
Kickoff meeting: 22-October-2012, 3:00 PM UTC (10:00 AM EDT) at http://breeze.iu.edu/omrsd (IRC will be our backup plan).
via IRC on the #openmrs channel on freenode.
Use this channel for ALL debugging and random questions having to do with the sprint. Please avoid direct messaging to personal contacts. If you have a question, someone else probably does too, and our geographically distributed community benefits from public group discussion.
How to Participate
Add your name to the list on this wiki page (with any comments about your availability). If you want to join after the sprint has started just join the IRC channel mentioned above and say hello.
The general process:
- New to OpenMRS sprints? Want help getting started? Join the IRC channel and say "djazayeri": I'd like to participate in the sprint!"
- Pick a ticket from the available tickets in the top-left of the sprint dashboard page. (listed below)
- Make sure it does not depend on a ticket that is incomplete.
- If you have any questions about the ticket, ask on the group chat
- Do the ticket. See our HOWTO for git. Sprint specific git HOWTO for devs with push rights: whatever works for you :-) If you don't like pull requests, don't send them. Commit and push directly to the main repo. If you do like pull requests, fork the main repo and send pull requests, but merge them right after. My favorite way is to work on the main repo, but create local branches (without pushing them to the main repo). Merge branches locally to the master and push to the main repo.
- Join the daily scrum to share your updates
Kickoff meeting recording: ??