See archive:Rsync for more details on how/why Rsync works.
On *nix systems
- Install rsync
- Type 'rsync openmrs.org::builds' to see a list of possible paths to openmrs build downloads
- Once you find the path you want, you can use `rsync --partial openmrs.org::builds/nightly/2008-02-16/openmrs.war /home/username/openmrs.war` to update that openmrs.war file to the Feb 16th nightly build.
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Install grsync
- Run grsync
- Fill in openmrs.org::builds as the source
- Click Simulate
- Review the output to find the path to the file you want to use
- Fill in openmrs.org::builds/nightly/2008-02-16/openmrs.war as the source
- Fill in /home/someuser/openmrs.war as the destination
- Click Execute to patch your war file to the Feb 16th nightly build
On Windows Systems
Use DeltaCopy for rsync'ing
Or use cwRsync. Click the download cwRsync button and the installer will create a batch file that will show up in your start menu. Once you run it will launch a command prompt where you use the same commands as are listed above:
rsync --progress --partial openmrs.org::builds/nightly/2008-02-14/openmrs.war openmrs.war
The trick to making sure that you get a nice speedup is making sure that you have an existing openmrs.war file in your current directory.