The OpenMRS Global Events Team's primary purpose is to plan, organize, and facilitate events to bring the OpenMRS community together, globally and locally, face-to-face and virtually.
This team's main responsibilities include:
- Identify and countries to host the OpenMRS Implementer's Meeting
- Disseminate information about the OpenMRS Implementer's Meeting
- Collaborate with local teams to plan the annual OpenMRS Implementer's Meeting
- Manage the OpenMRS Implementer's Meeting budget
Who is involved?
Any community member is welcome to participate in and contribute to the Global Events Team, whether this is during the team's weekly meeting, on Talk, or on Slack. Community members who demonstrate a high level of commitment by actively contributing to the Global Events Team will become a core member.
Current Team Members
Christine Gichuki ,Global Events Manager
Jennifer Antilla Director of Community
Meeting Notes and Recordings
Expectations for Global Events Team Meeting Notes
We have a dedicated note-taker for each meeting who is responsible for note taking. Notes are circulate to squad members for review. We strive to make sure that:
- the meeting agenda is included the notes at the beginning of the meeting
- someone is tracking the time so we cover the agenda items
- we document important decision points - and their rationale
- individuals are encouraged to add important points to the notes
- a summary of action items for next meeting is provided
Meeting notes and recordings are posted to Global Events Team Weekly Meeting page.
Where to join our conversations
The Global Events Team meets on a weekly basis every Wednesday at 6:30pm IST | 4pm Nairobi | 3pm Cape Town | 1pm UTC | 9am Boston | 6am Seattle.
Weekly meetings are held via Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom
Talk: The Global Events Team shares meeting information, key questions, discussion points, and documents decisions on Talk.
Slack: The Global Events Team uses the #global-events Slack channel for day-to-day planning discussions.
Contact Christine Gichuki for more information on how to participate and contribute to the Global Events Team.