What did we expect to happen?
- Do more (but I wasn't here.
- Fewer people, more attrition
- Be less enthralled by html form entry homework assignment
- See how OpenMRS uses jQuery and DWR
- Be in the little room
What actually happened?
- In the big room
- Saw how OpenMRS used jQuery and DWR
- Saw html form entry in action, saw forms being filled out
- Talked about how hibernate is good and bad
- Saw some useful pictures. Worth >= 1000 words
- Learned lots of shortcuts
What should we do differently?
- Continue having more pictures (do them before diving into the code)
- See "the answers" to the forms example.
- Spend 15-20 minutes walking through core code of API and web, aimed at people who might contribute or need to know this
- hands-on jquery exercise. demos are good, but not sufficient
- have different choices of exercises, so people can do what interests them more (e.g. jquery/dwr instead of html form entry)
- More spring and hibernate (need the reps)
- More web layer, e.g. jquery and dwr
- Continue recapping the previous day in the morning
- Look at a bigger module (with good code quality), see how it works, and then dive into the code.
- Know more about other example use cases out there
- Learn more shortcuts