This page explains the different files available in a release. See the Release Note Import or Prereleases page for the files. Each file is usually just a different way to package together the openmrs files.
- archive:Developer_How-To_Use_the_OpenMRS_API : This is for standalone java applications. Reference this in your classpath in your application. See
- : Drop this file into any currently installed java servlet container like Tomcat or Glassfish
- archive:OpenMRS_Appliance : This is a virtual machine image. Open this with VMWare or VirtualBox to have a quickly functioning openmrs installation. See
- : An installation program for Debian based Linux operating systems (like Ubuntu)
- : A windows installation program for either 32bit or 64bit machines. This is very large because it contains Java, MySQL, Tomcat, and OpenMRS. Put this on a usb stick to install on a server that does not have a connection to the internet.
- : A windows installation program for either 32bit or 64bit machines. This is a very small file that will selectively download Java, MySQL, Tomcat, and OpenMRS but only if needed. Use this on servers that have a connection to the internet and may or may not already have some of these applications installed already.