The OpenMRS Community Management Team helps to build and support the OpenMRS community. This has two meanings – both operating the technology infrastructure that serves the OpenMRS community, as well helping to coordinate the people who are the "infrastructure" for OpenMRS itself.
- Community Events & Marketing
- Education & Training -
- Community Operations
Not everyone who volunteers in the OpenMRS community needs to be a programmer or technical genius! Here are some ideas:
- Talk with new people in the OpenMRS community to find out their interests and help them find the best ways to participate.
- Help organize or moderate a community meeting or event
- Help run our mentorship programs, like Google Summer of Code or our Fellowship Program
- Recognize outstanding community contributors and organizations
- Respond to e-mail inquiries from the OpenMRS.org web site and help those people find the information they need. These may include requests for information about the project or technical support requests.
- Help improve our community documentation on this wiki. Volunteer to write notes for meetings, or help clean up errors or formatting problems on existing wiki pages.
- Update the OpenMRS Twitter account and Facebook page with news and other information of interest to our community. If you need access, just request it in a new ticket.
- Write a blog post on OpenMRS.org about current projects or profiling people in our community. Open a request for a WordPress account to get started.
Getting Infrastructure Support
Do you need support with the OpenMRS.org infrastructure? First, make sure that your issue is something that we can help you with.
What we support:
- Issues connecting to or using the OpenMRS.org web site and OpenMRS community collaboration tools (JIRA issue tracker, Confluence wiki, Bamboo, etc.)
- Problems with your OpenMRS ID account
- Mailing list problems, issues, or questions
- Social media services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, other services)
What we don't support:
- End-user support for using or customizing the OpenMRS platform and software
- Development & design questions
If we can help, please get in touch with us:
- Create a new case at https://help.openmrs.org/ signing in with your OpenMRS ID for fastest service.
- If you the above isn't working, please email helpdesk (at) openmrs (dot) org.
- Please describe your problem in as much detail as you can so we can assist.