WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA?
- Presentation: Sharing of big pictures and ideas around the importance of design in the OpenMRS community by key individuals and experts.
- Panel discussion: A mixed panel session to discuss and share ideas about using design conventions, processes, and output.
- Lightning talk: Short and informative presentation around particular topics that are relevant to the community by the members and implementers.
- Showcase: Showcase of design and best practices by the various squad and implementing countries.
- Design workshop: Participatory design workshop around a particular challenge that the community would like to solve and create a vision for a feature that would have widespread utility in the community.
Note: Our meeting schedule is dynamic. Actual times for showcases may vary, depending on the availability of presenters.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
As a community, we're committed to our values of being user and community driven. With the new OpenMRS 3 frontend, we're seeing new opportunities for collaboration on frontend features emerge - creating an opening for us to walk the talk and integrate design into our shared development process.
This conference explores how we're
Realizing the Potential of Community-Based Design
The broader objective of the conference is to raise awareness and promote the use of our community's design conventions and tools among the broader OpenMRS community and implementing organizations. The conference creates an opportunity for the countries to share best practices and will empower the implementing organizations to build the capacity of the design team.
The 2022 UX design conference aims to help everyone become a UXer!
- Raise awareness and promote the use of user research & design among the broader OpenMRS community and implementing organizations.
- Create an opportunity for the community to share their design work and receive practical user feedback for improvement.
- Introduce people to design documentation and recent design activities.
- Learn best design practices by looking at the work of different countries and implementation organizations.
This conference will explore
- What UX Design is vs is not
- User Research & Validation
- Applying Design Patterns: What every non-designer needs to know
- How to apply this in your setting, with your team, and with the OpenMRS Community
- Collaborative approach to design thinking through the workshop.
- Future opportunities to gain experience
Interesting in joining the conference, please proceed to register via our Zoom registration.
Upon successful registration, you will automatically receive a personalized Zoom link shared on the email along with a link that you can use to add the event to your calendar.
Interesting in presenting short and informative presentations around particular topics that are relevant to the community? Please book your slot here.
Each squad or implementer who has signed up for the showcase will have 10 minutes to share. Please sign up here.
Want to keep in touch with people at the conference:
Tag your tweets with @OpenMRS or #OpenMRS - so we can like and retweet your tweets!
Email Update List
Wednesday, 31 August (Design Day)
Your Local Time
Welcome | Opening:
What UX Design is, what it's not, and how your whole team can be involved
|Where OpenMRS Started: Why are we investing in UX? What research & testing has happened?
Where We're At: What every team member needs to know:
|UX in Action: Experience from Cambodia: From NCD field research to synthesis and flows
|UX in Action: Experience from Uganda: Developer experience with O3 design in action, using the design system today
UX in Action: Experience from Nepal: From user research to personas to grounding a whole team
PANEL: How to become a UX-er with User Research & Validation
Activity/Workshop: Having fun together with design
Design collaboration doesn't need to be dry, or dominated by the loudest voice in the room. We'll share exercises you can do with your team, so you can enjoy the creative side of problem solving and ideation.
How to apply UX Design in your team
|After Action Review & Closing
Thursday, 1 September (Quarterly Community Mini-Meeting)
Your Local Time
Intro to the Day | Recognition
|Harmonizing MVP EMR Requirement for country selection of EMR software
|The basics of UX design
|NMRS User Interface Remodel
|Appointments in 3.x
|OMRS Eval Squad: Usability Studies
|Presentation 1: Hadijah Kyampeire
|Presentation 2: Joshua Nsereko
|Presentation 3: Tendayi Mutangadura
|Open Floor & Discussion
|After Action Review & Closing