Project Activities Spreadsheet
|Internships: GSoC 2018|
- GSoC 2018 Introductions
- sent out call to get blogs set up
- following up with Jeff about plant.openmrs.org
- also trying to get feedback from students on how they heard about this opportunity
- Need to follow up with Wyclif on his student
- coding begins next week
- Dan will be traveling next week so not able to join the call
|Internships: Rails Girls Summer of Code|
- After action review of Rails application and proposal process. Anything OpenMRS can do better next year?
- Improvement in advertisement
- Coordinate effort around internship programs. Have team around this, reuse materials, keep track on timelines, etc.
- List of Andela Projects
- order entry kickoff meeting today
- OCL for OMRS will start next week
- new developer starting tomorrow and Daniel will join him on OCL sprint so he isn't working alone (14 total)
- 1.5 months left for the team now but there would be other groups until order entry is done
- Prepare blog/announcement about partnering with Andela
- Angela would like a little more exposure to Java
|SolDevelo / Sync 2.0|
- Daily updates on this thread: Sync 2.0 Project daily stand-ups
- Progress - All the Visit and most of the Encounter and Obs structures are done and currently we are into debugging / fixing local errors
- Blockers - Can't get a registeredcomponent for synced visit
- Community involvement - More input on the blocker would be helpful.
- Expected to be ready for testing by mid-May
- Need to think up approach for Sync to push data into the central server for Stephen to be ready to test
- Darius just kicked off a new volunteer development project to create an “OCL for OpenMRS” user interface
- Rafal has continued with performance improvements for OCL that will speed up and stabilize all queries related to collections and will support much greater scale
- All tickets have been consolidated into one GitHub repo to help us get to a place where community members can easily identify open tickets and consider contributing. Here is the repo: https://github.com/OpenConceptLab/ocl_issues/issues#boards?repos=122384560
- PEPFAR is starting to build a new lightweight app to manage indicators and indicator mappings that uses OCL underneath — this is an interesting extension that is becoming increasingly relevant as DHIS2 users consider OCL to manage metadata
- We do not currently have a developer dedicated to the OCL core
- OCL is not great at community engagement and there are many ways that we could improve, from better user documentation, better technical API references, a new marketing website (e.g. based on WordPress) to let people know how to engage and where to get the software, etc.
- If there are members of the community interested in supporting any of these activities, that would be amazing!
Question: OCL for OMRS application what documentation to be produced? Probably not from OCL itself.
|OpenMRS Reference Application 2.8|
|OpenMRS Platform 2.2|
- June 2018 release date
- Angela working on bundle addon manager owa
- Will need more help from community on tickets
|Sprint: Getting people to Platform 2.X|
- Sprint to help people upgrade to Platform 2.x (Mozambique tried to upgrade to Platform 2.x, but was blocked for various reasons) - Talk post
- Darius ran into a blocker when setting up Jira board and will be working on it later today