- Any items PM needs to follow up on?
- Operationally it would be good to review notes pages to consolidate and pull out important items (check back with Terry in a couple weeks)
|OCL Module||Unknown User (raff)|
- OCL currently being tested by the Banda Health team from Kenya. We are working on fixing issues together. A few days ago Unknown User (raff) did a new release of the module with some fixes, but expect to do another release this week. (update 12/6)
|Modulus server being decommissioned||Unknown User (darius)|
|Reference Application||Stephen Senkomago Musoke|
- was to be released on Dec 7 but don't see it on download page or on Talk
- Asked Tendo & Stephen here.
- Asked about release status here.
|GCI||Unknown User (ivange94)|
- Leaned a lot on a few mentors who were doing the heavy lifting for GCI task review
- Felt like we leaned too much on Daniel for reviewing technical tasks
- Could have used more mentors with technical skills this year
- Mentor team was limited to previous GSoC & GCI students and mentors
- Many mentors were too busy during GCI
- Have moved on to curated tickets
- Students have blown us away
- Claiming many tasks and even claiming some difficult tasks (and teaching Daniel a thing or two along the way )
- For future GCI:
- Experienced mentors
- Understand availability of mentors ahead of time
- Be clearer with expectations
- Consider having mentors sign up for specific hour(s)
- Create a timeline where people can help cover all times during the week
- It would help if mentors could be assigned to particular types of tasks
- Consider accepting more mentors, but limit mentors to approve only tasks for which their experience allows.
- Try to find ways to motivate mentors for availability.
- Some mentors seem to get tired along the way.
- Expectation: 20% of mentors active, 40% fairly active, 40% not active or unseen
- Did not have statistics to help getting started
- How many tasks needed up front?
- What types of tasks are needed? e.g., some tasks (like video tasks) can be done by many students; however, coding tasks cannot easily be taken by many students without creating confusion
- How many mentors are needed?
- Start preparing for GCI 1-2 months earlier (before announcement) to get more coding tasks prepared
- Consider creating a document like So you want to be a GSoC admin? for GCI admins.
|Scrum of Scrums|
- Anything to add or change?